AdventHealth IT-Epic Integration Analyst Sr in Altamonte Springs, Florida
Epic Integration Analyst - Senior
AdventHealth Information Technology
Location Address: Inspiration Avenue, Altamonte Springs FL
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Corporate
· Great benefits
· Immediate Health Insurance Coverage
· Career growth and advancement potential
· Award-winning IT Department
Full-Time, Monday – Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provides technical guidance and oversight on moderate to highly complex implementations. Leads team members in problem analysis and issue resolution. Manages projects through the entire software development life cycle, including analysis, design, specification, implementation, go-live, and support. Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and the integration engine.
· Analyzes thoroughly and proposes effective solutions for interface projects and problems. Gathers and documents interface project requirements. Analyzes current interface functionality. Analyzes project requirements to understand scope of interface work. Analyzes impact of future design decisions on interfaces. Reads, comprehends, and creates technical specifications, technical documentation, and other project documentation. Researches and provides interface solutions for new technologies or interface standards.
· Designs changes and enhancements to interfaces. Designs routing, mapping, and scripting logic for interfaces. Diagrams high-level and detailed interface designs. Creates detailed conformance documents for interfaces.
· Develops integration solutions. Develops interfaces using the appropriate standard or protocol (such as: HL7, CCD, XML, X12, FTP, FHIR, web services, API, or other interoperability standards and protocols) according to the documented specifications for complex projects. Codes interface logic using programming and scripting languages (such as:ObjectScripts, TCL, Korn shell, CCL, or other appropriate languages). Effectively uses interface engines (such as: Health Connect, Epic Bridges, or other comparable systems) to support AdventHealth Information Technology’s interoperability projects with Epic or other systems. Meets management’s productivity and quality standards for coding and development.
· Executes testing and creates associated documentation. Coordinates, plans, and executes unit or system testing of interfaces. As required, prepares project documentation for Quality Assurance. Participates in the Quality Assurance testing process and fixes interface issues found during testing.
· Plans and implements interface changes. Performs peer review of production migration prior to interface implementation. Attends change control meetings to represent any changes affecting interfaces. Creates detailed implementation plan and implements approved integration changes into production.
· Plans, tracks, communicates, and escalates project issues in order to seek resolution. Plans and executes interface project steps to meet set deadlines. Tracks interface resource progress. Provides accurate and timely status to team lead and management, escalating roadblocks as necessary. Coordinates and drives interface meetings with external teams and vendors. Manages interface project issues to seek resolution. Communicates clearly and effectively with team members, other AIT teams, customers, vendors, management, and AIT leadership.
· Troubleshoots and resolves issues, escalates if necessary.
· Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the AIT department and in order to comply with AHS policy and procedures.
· Works independently, with minimal supervision, under the direction and support of the Lead or Manager
· Mentors and trains team members, as needed
· Participates in on-call rotation providing 24 X 7 support
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Ability to logically read and comprehend technical and/or functional manuals and instructions
· Research and analysis skills to design new interface architecture or enhance existing interface architecture for complex solutions
· Knowledge of HL7 standards (HL7 v2, FHIR, CDA)
· Knowledge of scripting languages (such as TCL, Korn Shell, FSI Scripting or comparable)
· Knowledge of interface engines and their architecture (such as Health Connect, Epic Bridges, Cloverleaf, Cerner Open Engine, or comparable interface engine)
· Ability to determine issue impact and resolve complex issues in stressful situations
· In-depth knowledge of healthcare interoperability concepts and architecture (such as: Epic, Cerner, Athena or other EMR interoperability functionality)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree in a field of study such as Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field, OR equivalent IT work experience
· 5-7 years of programming/systems analysis experience with emphasis in applications and systems architectural design and development – database and middleware technologies is preferred
· 4-6+ years of systems integration or HL7 interface development experience (such as designing, building, programming, installing and supporting HL7 interfaces)
· Experience coordinating and managing competing priorities and issues to facilitate appropriate client support and escalation of issues
· Integration development experience (such as mapping, scripting, connectivity, and configuration)
· Troubleshooting experience
· Experience providing technical oversight for complex projects through project life cycle
· Experience mentoring and training team members
· Experience leading and working on multiple complex projects concurrently
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Experience with Epic, Cerner, SQL, HL7, Linux or UNIX, Scripting Languages (ObjectScripts, TCL, Korn shell, or comparable), CCD or CDA, Health Connect, Epic Bridges, Cloverleaf, Cerner Open Engine, CCL or Discern Explorer, Relational Database, HL7 v2.x, FHIR, Web Services or API development
· Experience in programming and problem analysis
· Experience with interface on-call support
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· InterSystems Health Connect. (Health Connect certification is required within 6 months from employment.)
· Epic Bridges. (Epic certification is required within 6 months from employment.)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
· HL7 certifications (such as HL7 v2.x or CDA)
The Senior Epic Integration Analyst applies practical knowledge of integration to design and develop integration solutions of moderate to high complexity, providing technical guidance and oversight and acting as a point of escalation and technical expert. Analyzes thoroughly and proposes effective solutions for interface projects and problems. Designs and develops integration solutions and participates in thorough testing of interfaces. Leads in troubleshooting and resolution of issues. Trains and mentors team members. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs