Cisco Technical Solutions Specialist - Cyber Security (Public Sector) - Bangalore in Bangalore, India
The Technical Solutions Specialist's (TSS’s) main responsibility is to provide technical mentorship and sales support on the Cisco Security Solution Portfolio. Candidates should have expertise around Network Security (including NGFW/NGIPS), Network Visibility and Enforcement (Stealthwatch or similar, Identity Services Engine and Anyconnect VPN) Cloud security (Email, Web, Anti-Spam, Cloudlock, Umbrella, WSA/CWS) and Advanced Threat Solutions such as Advanced Malware Protection (AMP) and AMP for Endpoints. As more and more of our portfolio looks to integrate with Customer's enterprise infrastructure, good software skills around APIs and knowledge of any scripting or programming languages such as Python would be a plus.
Candidates should have knowledge of Cloud infrastructure, Private, Public and Hybrid including the relevant security solutions to support a growing Cloud first approach from our Customers and Partners. As always a solid background in the security domain generally is key.
Candidates should be able to explain how technical solutions can be applied to solve business problems, and should be able to speak the languages of business and technical decision makers alike.
Business Development * Support the activities of the GSSO and general Sales team through direct support of identified customer opportunities, Partner identification and development. * Promote the technical value and benefits of Cisco Security solutions. * Encourage partners to utilize Cisco technology. * Build trusted technical advisor relationships with Customers and leaders of various partner groups, linking the Cisco vision to relevant business strategies. Present and demonstrate technical solutions in a business relevant way to all levels of the customer and Partner organization. * Use Cisco defined processes and tools such as SFDC to navigate through the sales cycle, implementing relevant Cisco enablement programs and tools to drive Security sales opportunities
Solution and Architectural Selling
- Explain the elements of the Cisco Security solutions and architecture and how they're interconnected with all elements of the Cisco portfolio, ensuring that the features and benefits of Cisco technology are understood and valued by Customers.
- Help partner technical sales teams design innovative architectural solutions that drive strategic objectives and help differentiate partner offerings
- Ensure the detailed features, functionality and architectural impact of Cisco technology in your designs and proposals are understood, valued and communicated
- Build a solid understanding of technology shifts that impact security and other architectures. For example the role of Software Defined Networking and Data Centre Architectures.
Who you’ll work with
Cisco Security delivers intelligent cybersecurity for the real world, providing one of the industry's most comprehensive advanced threat protection portfolio that is integrated, pervasive, continuous and open. Cisco's threat-centric approach to security reduces complexity while providing unmatched visibility, continuous control and advanced threat protection across the entire attack continuum -- before, during and after an attack
Global Security Sales Organization (GSSO) is taking big steps to position Cisco as the #1 IT Security provider in the industry. In addition to having the right market conditions, capabilities, products and services, we need the right people to take us there.
Who you are
- University degree in a technical discipline or equivalent
- 7-10 years of experience in the security field.
- At least 4 years of pre-sales SE experience
- Some form of in depth experience such as enterprise architecture, security operations or compliance auditing
- Cisco CCIE very highly regarded
- Personal and Organisational Development
- Maintain personal organisation and time management
- Be attentive to details and always follow-up
- Bring and further develop outstanding presentation skills
- Work flexibly to achieve your goals using the various internal and external resources available
- Technical Acumen and Foundation Knowledge
- Invest time in learning about technology shifts, and communicate the meaningful aspects to customers and partners
- Maintain up to date Cisco product knowledge
- Knowledge of Cisco Internetworking equipment would be helpful
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs