Indiana University Health Secretary-Unit in Bloomington, Indiana
Ensures accurate and complete information is received from patient to facilitate coordination and communication between physician, unit staff, and ancillary departments. Schedules daily tests and procedures, maintains comprehensive up-to-date record of all patient tests and procedures, and signs patients in and out of unit. Provides receptionist functions for the unit and alerts unit management to issues or needs within the unit regarding policies, procedures, or practices. Performs all clerical duties associated with supporting the Patient Care Unit. 7p-7:30a 24 hours per pay. Must be able to work week days as well as an every third weekend and holiday rotation.
• High School Diploma/GED required.
•Completion of Medical Assistant, Medical Secretary classes, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the AHA preferred.
• 1-3 years of relevant experience in a health care setting preferred.
• Basic knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Must be able to complete required (if applicable) training program.
• Requires basic proficiency in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).