Toyota Motor Europe Internship International Tax/Customs & Trade in Brussel (Evere), Belgium
TOYOTA is one of the world’s largest automobile manufacturers and a leading global corporation. Founded in 1937, Toyota now sells vehicles in 170 countries and employs over 300.000 people. As a company, Toyota Motor Europe focuses on sustainability and future generations and strongly promotes diversity, inclusion and gender equality. We are highly interested in receiving the applications from professionals of all backgrounds and genders looking to build their career in either scientific, engineering or corporate positions.
Based in Brussels, Belgium, and staffed by 2.700 people and more than 60 nationalities, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) handles the wholesale marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts & accessories, and manages Toyota’s European R&D, manufacturing and engineering operations.
For Toyota, Quality is a way of life. Nothing is so good that it cannot be made better, that is why we strive for continuous improvement in everything we do. This basic principle for us is called: “KAIZEN” and is what guides us in our pursuit of best Quality and the delivery of unparalleled customer’s satisfaction.
• Bachelor or Master in Law, Finance or Accounting
• Knowledge of international trade, EU law, customs, supply chain, indirect taxes is an asset.
• We are looking for someone who is eager to learn during the internship about customs and trade compliance at a multinational company in the International environment.
• Managing and evaluating detailed information is easy for you and you have a critical eye for processes
• Fluent in English (written and spoken), knowledge of additional languages is an advantage.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritise workload and take initiative
• Able to work independently as well as in team, good team player
• Advanced skills MS Office
You have a Toyota DNA, this means you:
• wish to develop and are ready to persevere in order to reach challenging targets
• seek facts before making recommendations or decisions
• have strong planning and organizing skills
• enjoy working in a team, respecting others
• have excellent communication skills
• customer mindset
International Tax Division (ITD) - Customs & Trade Team
• International Tax Division (ITD) is part of the Accounting and Finance Division of TME located in Evere.
• ITD consists of three team: Corporate Tax & Transfer Pricing, VAT and Customs&Trade. ITD deals with all business areas and various departments throughout the company including: vehicles, aftersales, production parts, manufacturing, sales, strategy, logistics, R&D, procurement, etc.
• The Customs & Trade team consists of 8 members.
• As the TOYOTA Centre of Excellence, the Customs & Trade team provides guidance on and ensures correct customs and trade compliance for the Toyota Group entities in wider Europe.
• Get an understanding of the process applied in the team for the trade compliance including application of the country of origin and preferential origin rules based on EU legislation and Free Trade Agreements.
• Support the trade compliance team in the application of the free trade agreements including the follow up with suppliers, local content calculation process, reporting, document issue, audit preparation, fulfilling of the compliance requirements agreed with the authorities in various countries.
• The above includes communication with various departments within TME, factories, distributors and suppliers located in different countries.
• Contribute to process and governance improvement.
Place of employment: Belgium – TME HO in Brussels (Evere)
Starting date: April 2021
Duration: 6 months
Confidentiality: Due to business requirement, not all performed projects can be reflected in the internship report. This issue needs to be discussed with candidate/school in advance.
It is mandatory that applicants are students for the entire period of the internship.
We can only accept students with an EEA or Swiss citizenship (not requiring a work permit or visa to be eligible to perform an internship in Belgium)
Job ID: 2021-2960
External Company URL: https://www.toyota-europe.com/
Address Line 1: Bourgetlaan/Avenue du Bourget 60