Rocket Software, Inc. Associate Technical Support Engineer in Chennai, India
It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
Job Description Summary:
The Associate Technical Support Engineer assists Rocket customers with questions and problems regarding the installation, setup, configuration and functionality of Rocket Software products. The Engineer will troubleshoot reported symptoms to aid in the resolution process either directly for the customer or to help guide the development team in providing permanent solutions. The Engineer will typically work as part of a team with limited direction
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
• Able to assess customer needs and set expectations
• Handle moderate to complex application guidance and level II customer support and resolution for assigned product list
• Responsible for handling a high volume of administrative cases
• Verify accuracy of business impact statement as provided by the customer
• Perform, with limited direction, problem verification by confirming customer’s environment, error messages, and symptoms of a problem
• Able to troubleshoot common problems
• Use testing tools for troubleshooting
• Research moderate cases using knowledge bases, documentation etc.
• Gather information to develop reproducible cases
• Prepare, recommend and implement solutions
• Mastery of creating case tracking details for use by team members for similar/future problem resolution
• Accountable for team and individual results
• Participate in internal projects and other work as directed
• Self-directed learning to expand expertise of Rocket Software products
• Contributes to training content, as necessary
• Act as the go-to Technical Support Engineer for Technical Support Technicians
• Assist other Support Engineers at different levels
• Write collateral at an appropriate level
• Contributes to training
Experience & Qualifications:
• 2+ years of technical engineering support
• Preferred technical computer knowledge
• Bachelor of Science Degree preferred
• Available for some after hours, weekend and/or holiday work
Rocket Software Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Rocket Software Inc. is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Rocket is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please call: 781-577-4321 or send an email to email@example.com. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Rocket Software, Inc.
- Rocket Software, Inc. Jobs