Amazon Manager III, Device Associate, FireTV in Chennai, India
The Quality Services team in Fire TV org provides test execution, triaging, automation support services across Amazon devices built using Device OS technology and solutions. The organization supports 100+ devices and software releases, playing a key role in raising the quality bar of Fire TV Devices. The organization is spread across multiple geographies. Manager III, Quality Services is a strategic role that will lead a key vertical in the organization. The ideal candidate must demonstrate strong leadership skills, sharp analytical skills coupled with good business acumen, outstanding verbal and written communication skills, and a commitment to excellence.
Core responsibilities for this position include:
· Be a leader of leaders. Manage a team of Device Associates, Test Specialists and leaders in the organization.
· Work with stakeholders across Amazon to define the Catalog Quality program roadmaps
· Identify, scope, deploy process improvements across teams
· Create/ Manage KPI's and deliver on the same
· Create Operations plan to meet capacity, growth and metrics
· Take ownership of the team’s recruiting efforts. Continually raises the hiring bar
· Innovate on the training and/or development requirements of the teams
· Formulate vision and goals for the org and have the leaders execute the same
Key job responsibilities
As a Manager III, Quality Services, you will manage test execution for set of programs with significant business/technological impact. You will create and drive long term vision and strategy for the team. You will have a strong focus on keeping the operational excellence bar high while managing the deliveries by defining key business metrics and auditing them regularly. You will be expected to have a good QA acumen, excellent project management skills, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a fast paced environment. You will be a motivator and an experienced leader who can manage leaders, collaborate across organizations, with the ability to influence senior leadership.
A day in the life
This role encompasses the following responsibilities:
Delivery & Operations :
• Independently manage testing for an area of strategic importance/set of programs with significant business and/or technological impact.
• Deliver on schedule with high quality
• Collect, aggregate data, metrics etc. review/dive deep and report on trends
• Champion operational excellence, adopt high quality test practices/methodologies, drive continuous and long term improvement in quality/productivity
Strategic Management, Stakeholder Management:
• Create and drive long term vision and strategy for the organization
• Write effective narratives, monthly and quarterly business reviews.
• Partner with QA leaders/managers/senior leadership stakeholders to facilitate successful deliverables from your organization
• Create roadmaps, lead planning process and skill development
• Manage competing priorities, mitigate risks and manage trade-offs.
• Develop business contingency plans for all time critical operations
• Manage a large multi-geography team including manager of managers
• Establish mechanisms and policies to raise the org performance bar, define key talent metrics
• Establish structures & strategic mechanisms that help drive career growth of employees
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Chennai, TN, IND
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science/Applications
• 15+ years experience in managing test/quality assurance execution programs
• 8+ years experience in managing managers
• Experience in managing testing projects and able to devise strategies, provide coverage recommendations
• Demonstrated experience in managing large teams including manager of managers and multiple geo locations.
• Demonstrated experience in defining metrics and mechanisms to check on delivery/organization health.
• Demonstrated experience in managing a diverse set of stakeholders • Experience in working software and test tools
• Good verbal and written communication
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work in an unstructured, fast paced and evolving environment.
• Exposure to test automation tools, methodologies will be an added advantage
• Experience in testing consumer electronic devices will be an added advantage
• PMP certification or Six Sigma Black Belt certifications are an added advantage
- Amazon Jobs