Eaton Corporation Manager, Functional Capability in Cleveland, Ohio
Eaton is currently seeking a Manager, Functional Capability to join our team. This position can be based at either our Pittsburgh or Cleveland facility.
The Manager, Functional Capability is responsible for building holistic learning strategies for identified critical functions and for building an enterprise-wide strategy to sustain overall functional learning needs. Effectively builds relationships with company functions associated with strategic HR, corporate communications, strategic planning, and functional and operational leaders to drive organizational learning as a key business strategy.
In this role, you will create and execute a strategy that addresses gaps in identified critical functions inclusive of working with senior executives to determine enterprise organizational skill gaps and the creation of an effective strategy to build capability in identified functions. In addition to the overall leadership of critical functional needs, this role leads our efforts to define a sustainable strategy for generalized support needs across all functions and works closely with our operations manager and manager of Technology and Content Delivery to ensure effective strategies are built to address overall functional needs.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
• You will lead all efforts to build a learning strategy for mission critical functions globally, with priority on Digital and manufacturing capabilities. Acts as an advisor and works with senior executives to define critical global needs and capability gaps.
• You will lead all efforts to build a digital learning strategy as needs are identified. Works with executive leadership across multiple businesses and functions to determine organizational needs, assess gaps, and establish an effective capability development plan with measurable outcomes.
• You will act as an advisor and works with commercial sales training leaders to globalize plans and strategies developed within the Electrical Sector as they mature.
• You will lead the team to provide support to general management, HR, and compliance on organizational learning as a key business strategy for competitive advantage and growth
• You will lead the team to provide support for functional learning plans beyond critical needs identified. Establishes a sustainable support strategy/model and prioritization methodology to manage capacity without losing focus on critical functional needs.
• You will act as an advisor and work closely with leaders of Operations and Technology/Content Delivery to ensure the optimal infrastructure needed for effective support of functions.
• You will develop guidance and coach executives and leaders on optimal methods to create a functional learning strategy, lead team in educating functions on what is necessary to ensure effectiveness.
• You will lead, coach, develop guides and build capability of the functional learning team.
• You will be responsible for the strategic management of approximately $500K - $1M central budget with ability to influence additional investment as needed for critical capabilities. Additional spend this person influences can range anywhere from $1-5M in a given year.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
• 10 years experience in HR or Learning and Development - with strong expertise in adult learning.
• Master’s Degree from an accredited institution
• 15 years experience in HR or Learning and Development - with strong expertise in adult learning.
• Subject matter expertise in the principles of adult learning inclusive of how to develop capability assessments, plans and strategies
• Subject matter expertise in developing learning strategies and plans
• Demonstrated experience creating and communicating strategy
• Strong demonstrated project management skill across large cross group projects and teams
• Continuous/process improvement experience and mindset
• Change management skills
• Extensive computer skills, including proficiency in excel, PowerPoint
Position Success Criteria :
• Strong experience influencing, leading and presenting at the executive level
• Strong communication, and coaching skills
• Strong drive and learning agility – adept to change
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Human Resources
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: Corporate Sector
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
- Eaton Corporation Jobs