Performance Food Group Buyer, Center of Plate in Coal Township, Pennsylvania
Buyer, Center of Plate
Reinhart Eastern PA (0551)
The Buyer, Center of the Plate, is responsible for negotiating the purchase of quality protein products at competitive prices and maintaining adequate inventories to meet customer demand. Functions as a team member within the department and cross-functions, as required, and performs any duty assigned to best serve the company.
Effectively manage the disposition of obsolete protein inventory.
Consult with vendors regarding current orders and new protein products. Initiate orders, schedule deliveries and process related paperwork and documentation. Provide product and pricing information to sales staff. Investigate protein product quality complaints.
Complete special projects, as needed.
Attain targeted profit margins as determined by the company’s business goals. Maintain product costing and pricing and ensure accurate purchase orders.
Effectively implement buying/purchasing strategies such that product is purchased in the most cost-effective and efficient manner.
Manage protein inventory levels to the designated goal level.
Performs other related duties as assigned.
Address Line 1:
100 Industrial Park Road
Coal Township, Pennsylvania (PA)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the "Company") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy at http://pfgc.com/Policy ; (2) the "EEO is the Law" poster at http://pfgc.com/Poster and supplement at http://pfgc.com/Supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement at http://pfgc.com/PayTransparency .
• A high school diploma or GED.
• 1+ years buyer level foodservice experience.
• Must be organized with excellent communications skills and can effectively solve problems in a fast-paced environment.
• Must have previous experience in purchasing center of the plate products.
• Must be detailed oriented, organized, self motivated, dedicated to customer service, and able to multi-task with tight deadlines; possess the ability to understand how to obtain company goals, and remain calm under pressure.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
• This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
• College degree.
• Food service distribution experience.
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.
Performance Food Group
- Performance Food Group Jobs