Bechtel Corporation Material Coordinator in Columbus, Ohio
Requisition ID: 257343
Requisition Posting End Date:
Implements the Material Management Plan for a specific material discipline area of responsibility. Follows a strict set of guidelines during the specify, identify, and quantify steps of the supply chain, while coordinating between Engineering and Construction to optimize the materials planning work processes for key material commodities. Helps to ensure consistent material identification methodology and clearly defined responsibilities between project functions and the commodity work processes. Continuously monitors the DSCS and is responsible for the input, assessment, maintenance, and correction when applicable of project data related to material planning and its accuracy.
A. Supervision Received
Reports to and receives operational direction from the Field Procurement Manager or Field Materials Manager.
Receives functional direction from the global business unit Manager of Procurement, or the functional Materials Manager if assigned.
B. Supervision Exercised
May give direction to subordinates and or peers on behalf of the Materials Manager as directed.
- Maintains direct working relationship with Project Controls, Discipline Engineers, Procurement, Automation Support and Construction to ensure that construction personnel are provided with materials to support the completion of the construction work.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Assists with material planning activities for a material discipline area of responsibility.
2. Adheres to the Materials Management Plan and reports changes to the Plan and helps resolve deviations from the Plan.
3. Adheres to the Material Responsibility Matrix and coordinates deviations or changes required to it with the affected parties on the project.
4. Utilizes the materials components of the project Automation Plan (used by functional groups) to monitor related data transfers between the functional groups.
5. Prepares flow charts of the materials management process for key commodities within area of responsibility.
6. With guidance, verifies that material requisitions clearly identify required pay items and reflect a level of detail in which materials will be shipped and identified for storage and control prior to distribution to Construction for installation.
7. With guidance, ensures the material identification methodology permits accurate statusing and distribution of materials according to the priority and sequence of construction activities.
8. Assists in identifying out-of-sequence engineering deliverables or lengthy approval requirements that could impact the timely issuance of the key engineering deliverables that drive the materials work process.
9. Expedites critical design drawings and data required from suppliers that may affect the timely issuance of other design deliverables or are needed by Construction well ahead of material delivery.
10. Assists engineering in implementing the project’s component numbering approaches, as required by sound materials management practices and the project Automation Plan, including tagged materials, bulk materials, and spares.
8-10 years of Materials planning experience.
Good oral and written communication skills regarding technical and production matters with both project and supplier personnel.
Proficient in organizing tasks for completion by an agreed deadline.
Knowledge of either Procurement operations related to the acquisition of materials on projects, or of an Engineering discipline within the area of responsibility, the work process and the deliverables produced (must have a basic knowledge of the other).
Experienced in the use of BPS, including drawing takeoff input, MAP, input of requisitions, and goods and services codes.
Knowledge of Project Bechtel Standard Applications Programs (BSAP) and their modes of data interfacing with DSCS and each other.
Knowledge of vendor, fabricator, contractor, Customer and other outside data systems and how those systems interact with DSCS.
Knowledge of work packaging, pre-buy methodology, and materials status reporting.
Intermediate knowledge of standard office productivity tools, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Access, and including simple table, query, report and macro design.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel's duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.
- Bechtel Corporation Jobs