Actalent Sr. Electrical Engineer (PE Preferred) in Columbus, Ohio
Sr. Electrical Engineer has full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, designing, executing and coordinating engineering projects. The Sr. Electrical Engineer serves as Project Manager, Project Engineer and Staff Engineer with responsibility for applying intensive and diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices in broad areas, using advanced techniques, theory, precepts and practices in a specialized engineering field and related sciences and disciplines.
Electrical, Electrical engineering, Electrical design, Revit, Autocad, Design
Top Skills Details:
Electrical,Electrical engineering,Electrical design,Revit,Autocad,Design
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Provides start to finish Electrical Engineering for building systems associated with new construction and existing facility retrofit and infrastructure upgrades
• Plans, coordinates, and oversees other engineers’ and support personnel as a project lead
• Prepares drawings, details, and specifications for use in engineering design and development and serves as a technical specialist on certain products, building types, etc.
• Designs electrical building systems such as power distribution, lighting, and fire alarm systems for commercial, educational, healthcare, and industrial facilities
• Provides code compliant biddable drawings for construction
• Makes preliminary selections, engineering adaptations, and prepares reports in line with engineering principles and practices
• Adjusts and correlates data, recognizing and addressing discrepancies; prepares design budgets and schedules
• Assists in estimating discipline hours required to complete the design requirements of a project
• Reviews preliminary and final designs with other disciplines for function, clearances, coordination, and final review prior to submitting for formal QAQC; follows through with QAQC actions
• Participates in and completes formal QAQC reviews for other electrical designers
• Follows up on requests for information and submittals as well as punch lists in the field and construction observations
• Participates in project team selection Interviews with potential clients; provides electrical detail and answers electrical questions during interview process and follows up with any electrical questions and/or needs following the interview
• Participates in project walkthroughs with client and project team; communicates potential issues and offers alternative suggestions for resolution
• Assesses building/site electrical and infrastructure needs on site for the programming phase of the project
• Communicates with the appropriate municipalities and utility companies to collect data necessary to beg
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs