House of Blues Foundation Operations Director in Dallas, Texas
Unity in Diversity
Our team members are as diverse as our music venues. With its owned/operated/managed venues, Live Nation Clubs and Theaters, a division of Live Nation Entertainment, is wide-ranging, including the legendary Fillmore venues and the intimate House of Blues clubs throughout the United States. Live Nation Clubs and Theaters is the country’s preeminent group of intimate music venues, featuring superior sound and lighting technology in one-of-a-kind custom-designed environments aimed to bring fans and artists together in unparalleled musical environments.
Our mission is to create a profitable and principled global entertainment company. To celebrate the diversity and brotherhood of world culture. To promote racial and spiritual harmony through love, peace, truth, righteousness and non-violence. Our venues bring fans as close to artists as possible and our aim is to create teams that are just as close.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Clubs & Theaters, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you, then please read on!
The Director of Foundation Room Operations is responsible for all nightly operations and overall business conditions of Foundation Room.
What You Need:
• (State or County Licensee or Certification Requirement)/ Responsible Alcohol Awareness Training Certification or Equivalent
• High school diploma
• Minimum of 2 years supervisory experience
• Previous experience with managing purchasing, receiving, & inventories
• Previous P&L responsibility and knowledge of accounting techniques
• Some college coursework completed
• 3-5 years’ experience in up-scale restaurant and/or in a live music club or nightlife industry
• Ability to communicate in Spanish
• Point of Sales experience
Physical Demands/Working Environment:
• Work environment is fast-paced
• Position requires extended periods of prolonged standing and working on your feet
• Ability to lift 75lbs using proper lifting techniques for liquor pulls, beer kegs, etc.
• Moderate to loud noise level in working environment
• Able to wear a radio earpiece during the scheduled shift
What You’ll Do:
I. Team Member Recruitment, Training, Development and Management Responsibilities:
• Recruitment and Training
• Development of Hourly Team Members
• Development of Foundation Managers
• Conflict Resolution
• Ensuring compliance with Workplace Standards
• Floor Management Functions
• Weekly Operations call
• Weekly Recap sheets
• Dining tracking sheets
• Nightly operations reports
• Weekly Inventory
II. Ensuring Optimal Guest Experience:
• Ability to give proper recognition to Foundation Members, Live Nation Executives and VIP’s to instill appreciation for their membership and patronage
• Serve as a resource of information for all Members regarding their experience within both the Foundation Room and House of Blues
• Ensures that all special events are executed properly, to the guest’s satisfaction
• Must possess a solid understanding of the nightlife industry, promotions and industry trends
• Guest Relations & Membership Fulfillment
• Maintain all HOB Standards
III. Enhance Revenue/ Controlling Costs:
• Ensure that Food & Beverage COGS, controllables and labor are within budgetary guidelines
• Participates in developing long and short-term plans for revenue growth and cost control measures
• Ensures that P&L of unit meets or exceeds budgetary expectations
• Generate/Enhance Revenue
• Oversee Membership Renewal Process
• Create and execute nightly programming that fosters increase in guest count and incremental sales
• Execute on initiatives developed by VIP Services or sales team
IV. Vibe, Atmosphere and Maintenance within the venue:
• Creates and maintains an environment of high energy vibe that fits within Foundation Room standards
• Ensures atmosphere of the room adheres to standards including but not limited to; lighting, sound level, music selection, furniture placement and décor.
• Manages physical plant/facility to ensure proper repair and maintenance
• Maintains Cleanliness standards at its highest
• Has the ability to create programming events both in-house and with outside promoter partnerships to enhance vibe, increase member use of the room and increasing revenue.
V. Essential Personal & Interpersonal Skills:
• Capable of maintaining a positive attitude
• Maintains objective view in all circumstances
• Listens empathically to Management and Team Members
• Maintains organization and focus
• Takes creative risks to enhance revenue
• Behaves professionally to maintain/enhance a positive image
• Thinks creatively to produce new possibilities in all areas of operations
• Ability to alleviate volatile situations
• Shows respect by considering the rights and dignity of others rather than just self
• Communicates assertively in a non-aggressive, candid manner
• Maintains personal integrity by abiding by and supporting the Mission and Values of the company
IN ADDITION TO THE PERFORMANCE OF THE ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS THE FOUNDATION ROOM AGM WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING LEADERSHIP QUALITIES:
• Development (self and subordinates)
• Working Relationships
• Quality of Work
• Written and verbal communication
• Competitive compensation and bonus plans
• Professional career development
• Additional benefits
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, apply online at http://www.livenation.com/careers/index.html to join the Live Nation Clubs and Theaters team today!
Applicants for employment in the U.S. must possess work authorization which does not require sponsorship by the employer for a visa.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYLive Nation Entertainment strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
HIRING PRACTICESThe preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Live Nation Entertainment recruitment policies are designed to place the most highly qualified persons available in a timely and efficient manner. Live Nation Entertainment may pursue all avenues available, including promotion from within, employee referrals, outside advertising, employment agencies, Internet recruiting, job fairs, college recruiting and search firms.
Recognized three years in a row by Great Place to Work® and named one of People Magazine’s top 50 Companies that Care, Live Nation Entertainment is the global leader in live entertainment and ticketing. Our world-class portfolio reaches all aspects of the live event and ticketing industry, from ground-breaking software in Ticketmaster, mix of legendary venues and restaurants in House of Blues, production leaders in Concerts, exceptional brand partnerships in Media & Sponsorship, and unparalleled team of artist managers in Artist Nation supported by diverse professionals in all facets of Corporate operations.
We recognize that our most important assets are our employees, the rock stars who keep the live experience going. Generous vacation, healthcare, and retirement benefits are just some of the great perks we offer to support our global workforce of more than 38,000. For any stage in your career, our many unique benefit programs are designed to help you live life to the fullest. We offer student loan repayment to support recent grads, six months of paid caregiver leave to support new parents, perks like Roadie Babies (bring your little ones & a caretaker along with you on work trips) and Music @ Home (stipend to cultivate your little ones’ music interest), and tuition reimbursement to fuel your ongoing professional development. Plus, working for the world's largest live event and ticketing company means you'll have access to free concerts, festivals, sports games, and more through our exclusive employee ticket concierge.
There is no bigger stage for your career. See what your future looks like at Live Nation Entertainment.