American Red Cross Blood Component Manufacturing Technician (2nd Shift) in Dedham, Massachusetts
Please use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox when accessing Candidate Home.
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest humanitarian network?
Join us-Where your Career is a Force for Good!
WHY CHOOSE US?
As one of the nation's premier humanitarian organizations, the American Red Cross is dedicated to helping people in need throughout the United States and, in association with other Red Cross networks, throughout the world. When you join our team, you have a direct impact on a meaningful mission, and you can help save lives every day. If you share our passion for helping people, join us in this excellent career opportunity. Work where your career is a force for good.
We are committed to the diversity of our workforce and to delivering our programs and services in a culturally competent manner reflecting the communities we serve. Our work environment is collaborative, respectful, and inclusive with a focus on building allyship and a culture of belonging that empowers all team members. Come to learn, grow, and succeed while sharing your passion for making a difference.
The Red Cross supports a variety of cultural and community resource groups for employees and volunteers. From the Ability Network, our Asian American & Pacific Islander Resource Group, the Latino Resource Group, and Red Cross PRIDE, to the Umoja African American Resource Group, our Veterans+ Resource Group, and the Women's Resource Group, these networks provide connections, mentoring and help give voice to important concerns and opinions.
What You Need to Know:
In this role, you will be manufacturing blood products and samples. You will be processing blood products after the units have been received from the donors. This will involve scanning in the units of blood, processing the units into transfusable components (red cells, platelets, and expressing plasma) and leukoreducing.
As a Red Cross Team member, you will take care of your team members - show up for every shift and give 100% while you're there. Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and compassion at all times
WHERE YOUR CAREER IS A FORCE FOR GOOD:
• Meet the quality and quantity production goals, while prioritizing workload expectations and maintaining accurate documentation
• Perform good inventory management practices throughout the manufacturing and distribution process.
• Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated with component production, labeling, storage, and sample tube management.
• Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and information provided from other departments to meet time.
• Perform complex manufacturing tasks such as pooled product manufacturing, freeze, wash, or deglycerolizing of blood products, and pathogen reduction.
• Communicate effectively with internal customers, vendors, and volunteers.
• May require flexibility to work a variable schedule that includes weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals
Standard Schedule: Friday - Monday, 3:30pm-2:00am
Pay Information: $21 per hour, plus any applicable shift differentials for working any late nights, over nights, and on the weekends.
Note that American Red Cross salaries are aligned to the specific geographic location in which the work is primarily performed. Other factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED:
• High School or equivalent required.
• Minimum 2 years of related experience in a regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment or equivalent combination of education and related experience preferred.
• Good computer skills, ability to use a wide variety of programs and laboratory equipment, attention to detail, accurate documentation, and good decision-making skills.
• Good communication skills, with the ability to work on a team, as well as independently with minimal supervision
Requires standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended time periods. Lift, pull, push and move objects of up to 50 pounds. May work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for periods of time. May be required to wear protective clothing such as lab coats, gloves, face shields, etc.
BENEFITS FOR YOU:
We take care of you, while you take care of others. As a mission-based organization, we believe our team needs great support to do great work. Our comprehensive benefits help you in balancing home and work. With our resources and perks, you have amazing possibilities at the American Red Cross to advance the learn.
• Medical, Dental Vision plans
• Health Spending Accounts & Flexible Spending Accounts
• PTO + Holidays
• 401K with 4% match
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee Assistance
• Disability and Insurance: Short + Long Term
• Service Awards and recognition
Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference every day.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?
Life's emergencies don't stop, and neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than 90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.
Visit redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our most-needed volunteer positions.
To view the EEOC Summary of Rights, click here: Summary of Rights