Raytheon Technologies Sr. Cyber Security Analyst in Dulles, Virginia
Raytheon Technologies has an need for a Sr. Cyber Security Analyst. This position can be hired for either First Shift (7am-5pm) Second Shift (3pm – 1am) or Third Shift ( 9pm – 7am). THIS POSITION IS CONTINGENT UPON CONTRACT AWARD.
• The qualified Personnel will be able to analyze alerts/security events/logs for threats such as computer viruses, exploits, and malicious attacks.
• Use critical thinking to bring together information from multiple sources to determine if a threat is present.
• Be able to effectively notate work completed during an investigation.
• Track incoming alerts from multiple clients, and sources effectively.
• Experience training junior analysts on SOC
• Be able to effectively and accurately work/communicate with customers/colleagues in stressful high-pressure situations.
Personality traits: Naturally curious and inquisitive nature; persistent and determined; loves solving
problems and puzzles; analytically rigorous; uncompromising integrity.
• Ability to Speak/Understand Portuguese is desired
• Experience identifying network and host based threats.
• Experience working in a multi-client based environment.
• Strong note taking skills.
• Experience analyzing network(PCAP) and computer(Windows Event) logs.
• Experience triaging security alerts.
• Naturally curious.
• High Attention detail.
• Practical experience with computer networks.
• Practical experience troubleshooting computer processes and applications.
• Familiarity with packet analysis to include:
• HTTP Headers & Status codes
• SMTP Traffic & Status codes
• FTP Traffic & Status Codes
• Detailed understanding of Living off the Land Binaries and how to recognize their use.
• Experience writing custom SEIM rules with low false positive rate for current threats.
• Operational understand of Threat Vectors, and Threat Models
• Experience working closely with customers to solve custom requests.
• Experience performing Quality Control on analyst notes.
• Experience training junior analysts in a SOC Role.
• Experience using EDR Tools
Possessing the following Certifications is desired or the ability to obtain 1 of the following:
• Or advanced level certification
Bachelors Degree + 4yrs of applicable work experience OR a combination of education and work experience will be considered.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
- Raytheon Technologies Jobs