University of Texas Rio Grande Valley Graduate Assistant in Edinburg, Texas
Assistantship TitleGraduate Assistant
Job Class Code00096
Currently admitted to the Graduate School
Be in good academic standing
Be registered full-time for the respective semester (nine semester credit hours during the fall
semester, nine semester credit hours during spring semester, six semester credit hours during the
summer session(s)), or in the required number of semester credit hours to fulfill the only remaining requirements on the degree plan.
Working TitleGraduate Assistant
DepartmentOffice of Professional Education and Workforce Development
DivisionDivision of Research Grad Studies New Programs
Scope of Job
● Assist in the creation of high quality graphic assets including digital content, print media, and online promotions
● Will conduct routine maintenance and ensure all programs are up to date, with the latest information.
● Examine website metrics such as bounce rate, number of visitors, and other data analytics to figure the best ways to improve our websites.
● Conduct research towards other universities trends that can be implemented in our websites for better UIX .
● Perform other duties as needed
The ideal candidate will be a dependable self-starter who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment. This person should have excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ability to work comfortably with tight deadlines, and possess a working knowledge of web content and social media. Preference will be given to those with skills or experience in digital marketing, content creation, graphic design, social media, and/or video production. Intermediate level skills with Microsoft are a plus.
Discipline Specific Required Qualifications
• Must be a full-time graduate student (9 hours during the Fall or Spring semester and 6 hours during Summer months)
• Able to work well with diverse groups of people and have excellent communication skills
• Experience with business development related activities
• Knowledge of HTML , CSS , Adobe Photoshop or other graphic design tools preferred
• Must be able to work independently with little supervision
Full Time Graduate Student – Bachelor’s in Graphic Design or Computer Information Systems
Have knowledge of web based programming, Illustrator and Photoshop.
Number of Vacancies3
Desired Start Date02/01/2022
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Dear Applicant, Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following: *Date of Birth *Social Security Number *Gender *Ethnicity/Race Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
List of 3 References
Cover Letter/Letter of Application