Lockheed Martin Aircraft Field Support Engineer Senior, F-35 Program in Eielson Air Force Base, Alaska
Description: At Lockheed Martin Aeronautics, our products play an important role in the national security of the United States and more than 70 other countries, ensuring peace and stability around the world. Highly trained and specialized personnel and facilities are key to the company's unrivaled success in the aeronautics industry. Our workforce of more than 25,000 has pre-eminent expertise in advanced aircraft design and production, modification and support, stealth technology and systems integration.
Join the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics company as an Aircraft Field Support Engineer Senior on our Aeronautics Field Sustainment (AFS) team. This position will support the F-35 Program at Eielsen Air Force Base, Alaska facility. his position will function as part of the Lockheed Martin Aeronautics technical interface to the on-site customer (Operations and Maintenance) in resolving issues arising from maintenance or modification activities for all matters dealing with the F-35 aircraft. The preferred candidate will be a Vehicle System (VS) subject matter expert, Mission Systems (MS) subject matter expert, Supportable Low Observable (SLO) Subject Matter Expert (SME) or be an emerging authority who has the skillset to accomplish troubleshooting and analysis of APG/Vehicle Systems or AVS/Mission Systems or Low Observable / Structural repair.
Other job responsibilities include:
• Attending debriefings as required to aid in the rapid identification of emerging issues that would require company intervention to avoid aircraft downtime.
• Fully and completely document all unusual operational/maintenance problems to support identifying emerging failure trends.
• Initiate Action Requests (ARs). Identify unique operational problems that require technical, procedural or quality assurance actions to resolve.
• Provide on-site assistance to company and customer personnel initiating ARs.
• Provide training to customer personnel. Must be willing to work and interact with all level of personnel from maintainer communities to engineers and other companies.
• Candidates must be able to work with and communicate well both orally and written in a team environment as this position involves significant interface with customer personnel at all levels.
• Candidate must be a self-starter and have the ability to establish and maintain a library of technical documentation.
• Manage and track multiple engineering and logistic support activities, providing periodic status to the customer and program management team.
• Must be willing to travel and go on Temporary Duty Assignments (TDY's) as required to support customer requirements. Travel to hazardous locations may be required.
• US Department of Defense (DOD) mandated vaccinations may be required depending on deployment locations.
• Must be willing to work any shift including weekends to support customer needs.
• Candidates must have at minimum an Interim Secret Security Clearance and be able to obtain Final Secret Security Clearance.
• Must be able to obtain F-35 Special Program Access. Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that will require special access.
What’s In It For You
Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Here are some of the benefits you can enjoy:
• Paid time off
• Work/life balance
• Career development
• Mentorship opportunities
• Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s comprehensive benefits package here. (https://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/working-here#benefits)
The following Basic Qualifications are skills that a candidate must possess to be considered for this position:
• Minimum 5 years experience with Vehicle Systems (APG) or Mission Systems (Avionics)
• Military aircraft maintenance experience
The following Desired Skills are not required but are those skills that would set a candidate apart from the others:
• Technical Report writing
• Experience with drawing/schematics reading and interpretation
• Fault Isolation and problem analysis experience at the sub-system level
• Airframe & Power plant (A&P) license
• Military Fighter Aircraft experience
• Knowledge of CATIA & System/Software Engineering Environment (S/SEE)
• Previous Field Service FSE/REP experience
• Vehicle Systems (APG)/Avionics experience F-22 or F-35
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
- Lockheed Martin Jobs