Staples Senior Director, eCommerce Engineering & Customer Service Apps in Framingham, Massachusetts
Staples is business to business. You’re what binds us together.
Our digital solutions team is more than a traditional IT organization. We are a team of passionate, collaborative, agile, inventive, customer-centric, results-oriented problem solvers. We are intellectually curious, love advancements in technology and seek to adapt technologies to drive Staples forward. We anticipate the needs of our customers and business partners and deliver reliable, customer-centric technology services.
What you’ll be doing :
· Partner with both the business and technical teams to innovate and deliver new features and enhancements for the Global ecommerce platform.
· Provide architectural strategy and guidance to business and product owners during the initial brainstorming sessions.
· Focus on providing eCommerce, system integration, and related technology expertise and thought leadership on design, architecture, and platform build out of the customer facing as well as backend solutions.
· Develop micro services for eCommerce platform public cloud.
· Lead managers and engineers and interacts with other cross functional teams like Product Management, Project Management, and Operations teams etc. to develop innovative solutions that meet eCommerce market needs with respect to functionality, performance, scalability, reliability, realistic implementation schedules, and adherence to development goals and principles.
· Work on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the functional area, business strategies and the company' s goals in addition to industry knowledge.
What you bring to the table :
· Strong analytical, data-driven decision making and problem-solving skills, with attention to detail.
· Strong technical depth and vision for ecommerce into developing the next generation platforms for scalability/reliability.
· Ability to navigate large organizations, develop strong business partner relationships and build network.
· Outstanding influencing, communication, and presentation skills.
· Demonstrated success in working within cross functional teams and effective project management and analytical/decision-making skills.
· Experience with open source technologies, public/private cloud technologies.
· Self-starter, high-energy, with ability to execute on business objectives.
· Strong teamwork and inter-personal skills.
What’s needed- Basic Qualifications :
· 15+ years of experience in a related field OR Master’s degree & 12+ years of experience in a related field
· 10+ years of experience building and leading a high performing organization.
· 5+ years of hands-on technical experience.
· 5+ years of financial responsibility against a sizeable budget.
What’s needed- Preferred Qualifications :
- Open source technologies, public/private cloud technologies.
We Offer :
· Inclusive culture with associate-led Business Resource Groups
· Flexible PTO (22 days) and Holiday Schedule (7 observed paid holidays)
· Online and Retail Discounts, Company Match 401(k), Physical and Mental Health Wellness programs, and more perks and benefits (https://careers.staples.com/Staples-Life/Benefits)
Interested in joining the team? Check out our perks and benefits !
Staples believes Inclusion is a verb and we encourage diversity of thinking and ideas as well as backgrounds and experiences. Staples is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
- Staples Jobs