Aston Carter Medical Billing Specialist in FRESNO, California
The Payment Poster will be responsible for timely and accurately posting payments and adjustments into the billing system. This individual will focus on handling a high volume of payment posting daily via electronic remittance advice's, manual checks, credit card payments, and cash.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions (other duties as assigned):
• Accurately posts high volumes of payments from insurance companies and patient payments.
• Merge accounts and transfer balances if posting was executed in error. Posts appropriate denial reasons codes to line items.
• Balances payments against computer entries and deposits.
• Interprets remittance advices from a wide variety of payer types including Medicare, Medi-Cal, HMO, Commercial, and post accordingly to payer fee schedules.
• Complete medical billing adjustments and credits as needed.
• Coordinates credits, refund, and collections.
• Contacts and communicates with patients/clients to obtain additional, missing and/or needed information (i.e. EOB’s, refunds, take-backs, etc.).
• Performs assigned tasks with established operational goals ensuring patient and client satisfaction.
• Successfully completes other duties as assigned.
• Preferred, two year billing experience in health care organization.
• Knowledge of insurance reimbursement procedures, CPT, ICD-10, HCPCS codes, along with charge entry payment posting, billing, and medical practice policies.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• College Education/Vocational Training in Medical Billing is preferred.
• Knowledge of computer/telephony support, preferably in a health care environment
• Strong customer service background , preferably in health care environment
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-High school diploma or GED required. -Necessary 2 years experience in medical billing, insurance claim follow-up, and appeal submission.
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org (%email@example.com) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Aston Carter Jobs