Texas Health Resources Medical Office Receptionist - Frisco in Frisco, Texas
Medical Office Receptionist – Frisco
We’re looking for a qualified Medical Office Receptionist like you to join our Texas Health family.
• Work location: 12500 Dallas Parkway, Suite 4.600, Frisco, TX 75034
• Travel required to Plano and Allen clinics as needed
• Work environment: Heart & Vascular Specialists
• Work hours: Full-time, 40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
• Salary range: $13.37 - $21.00 per hour (based on relevant experience)
At Texas Health Physicians Group we take seriously our mission to improve the health of those in our community. THPG includes more than 1,000 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex.
As part of the Texas Health family, we employ over 24,000 employees and are among the areas top five largest employers. Come be a part of our exceptional team as we continue to provide outstanding care and deliver award winning results. You belong here.
• High School Diploma or equivalent (required)
• Six months of healthcare experience in a clinical setting or customer service experience in a clinical setting or office environment (preferred)
• Two years of medical office experience including scheduling and insurance verification (preferred)
Knowledge of insurance authorization/billing requirements.
Demonstrated strong customer service and communication skills.
Organizational and time management skills.
Proficient computer skills.
Knowledge of clinic procedures and regulatory requirements.
Possess a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
A team player who handles multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced environment.
Under direct supervision, the Receptionist is responsible for performing a variety of general administrative support duties associated with the patient intake process and performs routine duties within the clinic.
Performs patient check-in at the time of visit and completes all paperwork necessary to ensure the admitting process is efficient and all clinic and regulatory policies are in compliance.
Answers phone calls and directs them appropriately.
Schedules appointments according to office guideline.
Obtains accurate patient and insurance information, collecting copays and deductible amounts.
Copies/scans patient access related hard copy materials (e.g. ID, referrals, insurance cards, etc.) into the correct location in the electronic medical record.
Prepares charts for patient appointments making sure all necessary information is complete.
Conducts all functions associated with patient check-out including pricing services, collecting patient responsibility payments and scheduling follow-up appointments.
Performs duties involving record filing and retrieval and assisting with the filing of registration documentation in electronic medical records.
Confirms next day appointments and alerts patients as to what documentation is needed, including details associated with time-of-service payment.
Follows up with patients regarding the Missed Appointment Policy and sends out the appropriate communications.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Why Texas Health
At Texas Health, our people make this a great place to work every day. Our inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture make it a great place to work.
Here are a few of our recent awards:
• 2021 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (7th year in a row)
• Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (4 years running)
• “America’s Best Employers for Diversity” list by Forbes
• A “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials" by Fortune and Great Place to Work®
Explore our Texas Health careers site for info like Benefits, Job Listings by Category, recent Awards we’ve won and more.
Do you still have questions or concerns? Feel free to email your questions to email@example.com.
Employment opportunities are only reflective of wholly owned Texas Health Resources entities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employees or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Resources
- Texas Health Resources Jobs