Intermountain Healthcare Executive Project Manager in Indianapolis, Indiana
Currently we are unable to consider candidates for remote opportunities in the following states: California, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Illinois and Washington
The Executive Project Manager has accountability to partner with an operational sponsor/leader(s) to assemble and manage the project team responsible to plan, organize, recommend and secure resources required, and oversee activities needed to achieve the project objectives.
The Executive Project Manager is responsible to coordinate with the Program Manager for projects that have been designated as part of a program (group of related projects). Projects under the oversight of the Executive Project Manager are typically high-impact projects at the region or function level and are sponsored by an Executive or Senior Executive level leader.
Oversee all aspects of Project Life Cycle – single accountable party for project execution. Able to manage up to 5+ projects, depending on scale and scope of projects.
Ability to assist other project managers in challenging situations. Serves as a mentor and coach for other project management roles within and across teams.
Consults with program managers and business leaders on strategies for projects that are novel or particularly difficult or complex.
Leads project managers in best practice execution, adherence to standards, and project performance. Leads team of project managers if more than one project manager is required for larger projects.
Provides leadership in developing and implementing improved project management processes and tools and extends knowledge to project managers and project teams for continuous improvement.
Rigorously manage scope, schedule, risks, and issues - develop solid mitigation strategies that can be executed quickly to avoid project delays.
Develops communication plans and provides transparency to stakeholders and leadership.
Validates financial forecasts and expected benefits – reconciles resources and other project expenses and tracks actual value to expected results.
The Executive Project Manager is responsible to help design and adhere to the Intermountain designated governance and processes that include a structured approach that applies expert knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to a project to meet the project objectives.
Project Managers assigned within a unique service area designated as a technical specialty area for project management (e.g., information technology, construction management, etc.) are accountable to apply specific technical specialty area requirements and skills necessary to successfully plan and deliver for projects in that area.
The Executive Project Manager ensures that all projects have gone through designated governance approval and prioritization processes.
The Executive Project Manager may provide supervisory oversight to one or more Project Managers. Is not typically the HR manager for the staff.
• Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of sponsors and key stakeholders; mobilize and motivate teams; set direction and approach; resolve conflict; deliver tough messages with grace; execute effectively with limited information.
• Proven ability to collaborate effectively with multiple executive-level leaders for any given project.
• Solid influencing skills. • Sound business and technical acumen.
• Expert at stakeholder management and engagement with both strategic and operational elements of the enterprise.
• Focused and versatile team member who is comfortable under pressure.
• Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally.
• Certified Project Management designation
• Demonstrated problem solving skills working in a complex, highly matrixed organization.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently with leaders and employees at a region/market level or function level.
• Demonstrated experience in effectively managing 5 or more projects simultaneously, including on-time delivery and benefit realization using sound decision making.
• Demonstrated ability to develop, manage, and track to project budgets and associated value realization.
• Ability to lead a team of project managers to extend the Executive Project Manager’s experience and skill for greater efficiency and impact for multiple large, complex, or risky projects.
• Advanced degree in fields such as business administration, information technology, construction management, healthcare. Education must be obtained through an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
• 8-10 years prior project management experience in a complex environment.
• 7 or more years leadership experience, including non-supervisory roles.
• Lean process certification or demonstrated equivalent experience and skill.
• Formal study and demonstrated experience in organizational and cultural change management.
• Prior experience working in an integrated healthcare delivery network.
• 1-2 years Merger/acquisition integration project management experience, for roles hired in areas responsible for integration projects.
• Prior capacity management experience for a project team.
• Working knowledge of project management tools, electronic spreadsheets, word processing, and reporting tools.
Key Bank Tower
Salt Lake City
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
The hourly range for this position is listed below. Actual hourly rate dependent upon experience.
$49.23 - $76.00
For a description of Intermountain's employment benefits, click
Equal Opportunity Employer
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
The primary intent of this job description is to set a fair and equitable rate of pay for this classification. Only those key duties necessary for proper job evaluation and/or labor market analysis have been included. Other duties may be assigned by the supervisor.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Thanks for your interest in continuing your career with our team!
- Intermountain Healthcare Jobs