Oshkosh Corporation Operations Intern in Jefferson City, Tennessee
About JLG, an Oshkosh company
JLG began in 1969, when our founder, John L. Grove set out to resolve growing safety concerns in the construction industry. Since then we have been committed to understanding the challenges and delivering innovative solutions to the access market. We partner with customers to provide quality equipment, training opportunities and trusted support within the access industry. We are a global company, and our products—including mobile elevating work platforms, telehandlers, utility vehicles and accessories—can be found all over the world.
As the Operations Intern, you will develop process improvements within Manufacturing policies and procedures, participate in daily production meetings, and work with other Supervisors to resolve assigned tasks.
HOW YOU MAKE AN IMPACT
These duties are not meant to be all-inclusive and other duties may be assigned.
· Assist in the direct activities of production management personnel
· Work with the Operations department to introduce, promote, and implement lean manufacturing techniques to reduce cost and improve efficiency
· Promote growth of ISO procedures and standards
· Utilize value stream mapping to analyze and improve material flow and eliminate waste
· Assist in the assurance of quality and accuracy of customer order fulfillment
· Assist in the continuous improvement techniques including Continuous Improvement events and 5S
· Assist in leadership assignment and duties according to supervisor’s needs
WHAT YOU NEED
· Student working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Operations/Manufacturing Management, Business, Engineering, or related field.
WHAT MAKES YOU STAND OUT
· Excellent organizational, communication, and leadership skills.
Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Oshkosh Corporation Jobs