NextEra Energy Summer College Intern - Development (Solar, Wind, Battery Storage Projects) in Juno Beach, Florida
Summer College Intern - Development (Solar, Wind, Battery Storage Projects)
Date:Oct 11, 2019
Primary Location:Juno Beach, FL, US, 33408
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 36501
is one of the largest wholesale generators of electric power and renewable energy from the wind and sun in North America.
Position Specific Description NextEra Energy is seeking an undergraduate intern to join its Development team. The Development department is responsible for managing utility-scale solar and wind projects from inception through construction. Developer responsibilities vary greatly on a day-to-day basis but include greenfield prospecting, landowner discussions, county/state permitting, interconnection studies, contracting support, environmental studies, and more.
Responsibilities for this internship may include:
- Identifying new, greenfield renewable project sites for both solar and wind projects based on land suitability, grid access, environmental factors, and more
- Shadowing a developer in meetings with landowners, county planning/permitting departments, and other external stakeholders
- Researching transmission rates and structures for key balancing authorities and transmission owners in a target region
- General support of developer activities via assigned projects
- Final presentation to senior leadership at the end of the summer
- Demonstrated interest and experience in the renewable energy industry (past internships, coursework, and extracurriculars)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint and basic modeling skills
- High attention to detail, eagerness to learn and challenge oneself, and strong work ethic
- Students actively enrolled in a economics, environmental economics, policy, business administration, public policy, energy engineering, or related major. Job Overview
To be considered for an internship, you must be actively enrolled at a college or university as a full-time student seeking a bachelor’s degree or higher. You must also have a current cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher (on a 0.00 to 4.00 scale). Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists department with assigned projects
- Completes challenging projects and assignments
- Presents final project to senior leadership at the end of the internship
- Assumes responsibility for own travel, lodging, and transportation necessary to be available for the program
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High school grad / GED
- Maintain active enrollment in a Bachelor or higher degree program
- Maintain cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Employee Group: Non Exempt Employee Type: Intern Job Category: Intern Organization: NextEra Energy Resources, LLC Location: Juno Beach, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: No
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs