AdventHealth Behavorial Health Tech PRN in Killeen, Texas
Behavioral Health Tech AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
PRN / Various
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Perform and documentation of temperature, pulse, respirations, weight, height, blood pressure and intake and output measurements.
· Perform and documentation of Q 15 minute and one-to-one patient monitoring.
· Documentation of patient behaviors.
· Facilitate and documentation of groups.
· Conducts safety rounds, contraband searches, ensuring units are clean, orderly, and free of potential safety hazards.
· Assists the RN and/or LVN in complicated procedures.
· Transport specimens to the correct departments.
· Transports patients to and from various departments as requested, as well as upon discharge by wheelchair as required.
· Assists in preparation of units, patient rooms and beds for receiving patient admissions, returning patients, transfers, emergencies, or discharges.
· Assist in serving, feeding and removing patient trays. Distributes drinking water and other nourishment to patients that are not NPO.
· Assists with ambulating patients to the bathroom as required.
· Timely answers patient call lights and make Q15 rounds on assigned patients and documents as required.
· Requires responsibility for department supplies, equipment, and adherence of efficient time management and utilization of patient resources.
· Requires compliance with all safety and infection control policies required to provide clean and safe environment and prevent injury to patients, employees, or self.
· Knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
· Professionally interfaces with fellow employees, physicians, and patients on a continual basis.
· Professionally interfaces with external contacts establishing positive relationships with patients, families, and community agencies.
· Institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patient’s conditions.
What You Will Need:
· High school graduate required.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) from the AHA.
· A year of behavioral health experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s social science field and degree in social science preferred.
· Certification in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) behavioral patient management course preferred.
· Certification as a Mental Health Technician preferred
· Phlebotomy Certification preferred
The Behavioral Health Technician performs direct patient care activities that are developmental and age specific for the population served under the direction of a Registered Nurse / Licensed Vocational Nurse. This care is consistent with the hospital accountabilities, Standards of Practice and in support of the Nursing Service and patient care goals. Actual roles and tasks may vary depending upon the unit or department assigned. This position directly reports to the Lead BHT / Evening Nurse Charge / Nurse Manager.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
- AdventHealth Jobs