Cisco High Touch Engineer - Technical Consulting Engineer in Krakow, Poland
What You'll Do
The High Touch Engineer role is an optional part of the Expert Care service. The role enhances our break & fix TAC/HTTS capabilities by engaging on high severity cases and escalations. The role is customer facing and is collaboration directly with a named customer/partner on various topics related to incidents, problems and technical knowledge gaps. The HTE has the following duties & responsibilities: * Provide Network Problem Resolution, Root-Cause Analysis, Software Referral assistance as per contracted agreement with named customer * Performs analysis and diagnosis of complex network which involved routing (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), IPv6, Inter-AS routing, IX, QoS, VPN, Layer 2 switching, VLAN, Segment Routing etc. * Shorten the time to resolution during sophisticated situations by using knowledge of the customer network and their operations * Monitor service requests follow up & closure - Ensure timely resolution * Assist the TAC, HTTS and HTOM, on any specific matters which may arise in the delivery of the High Touch Support Services on their customer accounts. * Collaborates with all levels of CSEs, NCEs, SEs, Cisco Business Unit * Provides systems/product training to internal partners and customers * Builds strong team relationships with other Customer Support Engineers. Enjoys sharing knowledge * Interacts with Cisco customers and builds effective working relationships while solving their issues * Handles customer expectations and always aims to leave the customers feeling valued and overall positive about Cisco * Review and analyze trends and work with High Touch Operations Manager (HTOM) in providing quarterly reports detailing corrective action plans, and other actions planned for the next quarter
Who You Are
- A technical guide in a broad area covering multiple technologies. Applies encouraged product behavior across industry practices. Knows how technology is encouraged to work in the industry
- Collaborates with Engineering on product and software issues, driving resolution of software defects
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal and presentation skills. Ability to function efficiently in ambiguous circumstances. Key involvement in multi-functional teams to resolve vital customer issues. Leads teamwork extending beyond work group
- From 3 to 5 years of demonstrable experience fixing Datacenter, Routing/Switching and Collaboration issues across Cisco platforms running IOS, IO-XR and NX
- Minimum 8 years of overall networking experience, including configuring, analyzing & solving complex networks
- Solid grasp in TCP/IP internetworking, Routing, Switching, networking protocols and Routing protocols
- Expertise on Data Center networking technologies
- Expertise on the latest Cisco hardware and operating systems (Catalyst, Nexus, IOS/IOS-XE/IOS-XR, NX-OS and ACI)
- Expertise in network security including Security Risk Management, Security (Encryption), Identity and Access Management
- High Availability protocols and Load Balancing technologies SLB/GSLB, firewalls, SSL
- Virtualization technologies, both networking (VRF, VDC, N1kv) and understanding of compute (Linux, VMware, Openstack)
- Expert level internetworking solving problems in a large-scale network environment.
- Large-scale network infrastructure support skills. In-depth knowledge of network management, network availability and capacity planning.
- Anyone or more of the following scripting skills Python, Perl, XML, JSON
- Basic level knowledge of Linux
- Must have exceptional verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Must be creative and take initiative
- Good command of English language is a must. Additional Languages like Polish, German, Hungarian, Czech would be an asset
At Cisco, each person brings their different talents to work as a team and make a difference.
Yes, our technology changes the way the world works, lives, plays and learns, but our edge comes from our people.
We connect everything - people, process, data and things - and we use those connections to change our world for the better.
We innovate everywhere - From launching a new era of networking that adapts, learns and protects, to building Cisco Services that accelerate businesses and business results. Our technology powers entertainment, retail, healthcare, education and more - from Smart Cities to your everyday devices.
We benefit everyone - We do all of this while aiming for a culture that empowers every person to be the difference, at work and in our communities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
- Cisco Jobs