BT First Line Team Leader in Leeds, United Kingdom
Our mission is to break down the barriers of today to release the potential of tomorrow. Join us today and release yours.
There are two things that we want to share with anyone considering joining us.
Firstly, we’ve got big ambitions for our colleagues and the future of the organisation. These include our vision that inclusion and accessibility drive every conversation we have and every decision we make. We want our workforce to fully represent the communities and customers we serve, because a diverse business is a better business. We value every colleague, their diversity and the contribution that they make. When we say you’re welcome at Openreach, we really mean it.
Secondly, the one thing the pandemic has taught us is that a lot of current and future colleagues, where and when possible, want to embrace hybrid working. Therefore, we are introducing smart working at Openreach. Smart working means having the flexibility to choose, as a team, how and where you work depending on your team’s deliverables and needs; when you are at your shared core location to connect with others and when not. It may not be for every role, and, as part of the recruitment process, you’ll have the chance to discuss smart working and how it might work for the job you are applying for.
About this role
As a First Line Team Leader, you’ll lead the delivery of UK Operations within a function. You’ll be an active and visible leader, with experience operating within a challenging environment to deliver brilliant customer service “first time every time and on time,” whilst maximising utilisation and efficiency within their team.
You’ll inspire, coach and engage your people to deliver optimum team performance, meet strategic priorities for desk services and champion the needs of our customers.
You'll have the following responsibilities
• Own and manage provision of customer service for their function and accountable for directly leading and coaching a desk-based team
• Translate the strategic priorities and roadmap into an operational plan for the function and leads a team to execute against this
• Owns and effectively handles escalations and customer conversations and proactively identifies processes and procedures causing escalations, creating problem statements to resolve
• Interprets and analyses data and reports, spot trends and uses insight to action plan for the team
• Effectively communicate data and analysis to help the team understand how to improve performance (e.g. shrinkage)
• Proactively identifies what drives our customers to call and ensures team members are equipped to resolve these calls
• Demonstrates ‘operational grip’ across their function and coaches the team to be results driven, delivering our commitments made around quality, cost and time
You'll have the following skills & experience
• Experience in leading operational teams and ability to manage escalations
• Be a functional leader with strong product, service and systems knowledge of the function
• Experience of continuous improvement tools and techniques to drive an aligned, self-improving culture
• Exposure managing internal and external stakeholders at a senior level
• Proven ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• Self-motivated people leader, with a proven track record in delivering customer satisfaction, productivity and people motivation
• Experience in people leadership with strong performance management skills, delivering high performing teams through coaching
As well as offering a competitive base salary, you’ll also have a rewarding bonus scheme, access to equity schemes and an attractive pension offer.
We value different perspectives, skills and experiences. Diversity makes sense for us, our customers and our ambitions. We’re creating an inclusive working culture where people from all backgrounds can succeed.
Openreach Limited runs the nation’s digital network. We play a key role in British society, helping homes, schools, hospitals, broadcasters, government, businesses and more connect to the world.
We're a wholly owned subsidiary of BT Group, and our customers are the 640 communications providers who sell phone, broadband and Ethernet services to homes and businesses. And we’re on a mission - to make the country’s digital network services faster, better and more affordable.
Our people are experienced, resourceful and innovative, working on vital projects that help support the nation at work, in learning, on the move, at rest, at play, in emergencies and much more.
So if you’d like to be a part of an exciting organisation that’s making a real difference, why not join us today? You can read more here about working at Openreach (https://www.openreach.com/about-us/who-we-are) .
How to Apply
It's easy to apply online; you just need a copy of your up-to-date CV and to follow the step-by step process. Don't worry if you need to make changes - you'll have the opportunity to review and edit your work on the final page. We look forward to receiving your application!
COVID-19 Notice: We’ve changed our recruitment process so that we can continue to offer exciting opportunities in Openreach. We’ve moved to ‘virtual hiring’ until further notice - which includes video interviews and virtual on-boarding, to make sure that we maintain candidate and employee safety.
Job: Engineering operations
Title: First Line Team Leader
Location: GBR %26 Ireland-GBR-West Yorkshire-Leeds
Requisition ID: 163994
- BT Jobs