Lockheed Martin Entry EMC Systems Engineer in Littleton, Colorado
COVID-19 continues to significantly impact our employees, families and communities. With employee health and safety as our top priority, and as a federal contractor, Lockheed Martin is taking action to address the increased risk and uncertainty COVID-19 variants pose in the workplace and ensuring we meet our commitments to national security.
To uphold safety for all employees, we will continue to request vaccination status for all Lockheed Martin employees including new hires. All current and newly hired employees are required to follow onsite safety measures based upon the COVID-19 Community Level at the specific work location.
Description: This Systems Engineer will be a member of a team of engineers providing Systems Engineering support to multiple projects from concept design through development, integration, test, deployment and operations of new capabilities, focused on multi-domain solutions to national security challenges.
As a Systems Engineer, Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) , you will:
• Work in a development/production environment to assist in the design and development of technically complex systems
• Apply and grow electromagnetic engineering skills to enable the logical and systematic conversion of customer needs into total systems derived requirements and solutions
• Perform and/or support functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Perform support role for requirements sell-off through: Compiling, organizing, performing, analyzing and documenting completed compliance verification process which assesses design performance and operational electromagnetic issues at both the package and system levels
• Provide team participation and support while growing your EMC skills during: Technical Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) Test Planning, System Integration, and Verification/Validation of E3 components, test setup and performance oversight
• Join the enterprise EMC Engineering group and work alongside EMC domain authorities
• Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or in a related discipline
• US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a security clearance
• Experience with satellite and/or missile system and/or box level test and analysis (or equivalent)
• MATLAB, Excel, CST (3-D modeling software tool) and PSPICE (or equivalent) experience
• Generating EMC / E3 Control Plans, procedures, Lab Reports, or equivalent required.
• Advanced EMC test equipment
• Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Analysis
• Working knowledge and conversant with Mil Std 461/464 (or equivalent Commercial EMC) requirements and the applicable test methods
• Knowledge of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) theory
• Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrated basic understanding of systems thinking skills and behaviors
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills, strong social skills, and ability to build solid relationships with team members
• Active Secret or higher security clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
4 yr and up College
- Lockheed Martin Jobs