Northwell Health Patient Transport Assoc (MN) in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 002R5S
As a Patient Transport Associate you will escort or transport patients within facility. Record patient movement in transport tracking system. Pick-up and deliver materials and equipment. Assist in performing duties related to specialty areas of assignment.
* Cleans, maintains and operates transport equipment and operates elevators to move or escort patients/visitors to and from various hospital areas, as directed, following established operating policies and procedures.
Receives formal instruction/direction upon pick-up and provides formal hand-off report at destination, when not required to stay with patient.
Reports any changes in patient status/condition during transport.
Removes and reports defective equipment to supervisor.
Assists clinical staff with lifting and moving patients for transfer and transport.
Ensures oxygen tanks required for transport contain sufficient oxygen and are safely secured for transport.
Cleans transportation equipment according to Infection Control protocols.
* Confirms patient readiness for transport and need for appropriate equipment and ensures that equipment is ready and available.
* Recognizes cardio-pulmonary distress symptoms, sends for code team and provides interim basic life support for airway management and cardiac arrests until code team arrives.
* Uses patient transport tracking system to receive patient information; accept, track and close assignments.
* Picks-up and delivers materials and equipment, as directed, to various offices and departments within the Hospital according to related operating policies and procedures.
* Transfers deceased patients to the hospital morgue in accordance operating policy and procedures.
High School Diploma or equivalent, required.
Basic Life Support (BLS) or equivalent certification within first 30 days from Date of Hire, required.
Must successfully complete site training program in transfer/transport techniques, related body mechanics, safety and infection control policies within three (3) month probationary period.
Prior healthcare and/or related customer service experience, preferred.
Ability to utilize electronic technology for data input.
Ability to communicate effectively.
- Northwell Health Jobs