Northwell Health Project Manager - Site Engineering / FT Day (NSUH) in Manhasset, New York
Req Number 002UPA
As a Project Manager you will plan, organize and manage the design and construction of System facilities projects typically involving the Facility and other facilities operated by the Real Estate Service Group. Manage the performance of the project within the approved schedule and budget. Manage the project labor and purchasing of all materials for the job.
* Participates in the definition of project program and scope to meet the needs of the end user.
* Assists in the development and maintenance of project schedules and budgets. Prepares and submits project estimates and proposals.
* Assists in the development of the quality standards of the project.
* Develops the scope of work for both the 'In House' Engineering Staff as well as the subcontractors. Evaluates the bids and selects in the subcontractors selection.
* Manages consultants, contractors, vendors and other businesses on behalf of the client to effectively plan, organize and control the project.
* Develops and manages the project schedules and communicates the progress, risk and any potential delays to the end users and management.
* Leads and participates in project meetings as required to maintain a high level of communication with all parties involved in the project.
* Assists in the selection of construction delivery method.
* Develops the Pre-Construction Risk Analysis (PCRA) and manages the risks throughout the project.
* Leads pre-construction kick-off meetings and ensures that construction contractor is familiar with Health System guidelines for construction, safety, etc.
* Monitors construction progress and the quality of work.
* Monitors project expenditures. Forecasts possible cost events and potential impact on the project budget.
* Prepares monthly Project Progress Reports and regularly advises the end user on project status.
* Represents the Engineering Department to all internal customers, clients, health system staff, vendors and consultants to control project progress, budgets and ensure quality outcomes.
* May report to various member of management depending on the size and complexity of the job.
Bachelors Degree in Architecture, Engineering or related field, required.
Licensed, Registered Architect or Professional Engineer, preferred.
Minimum of three (3) years progressive, related experience, required.
Knowledge of building design, construction and maintenance. Demonstrated ability to plan and foremost coordinate control and implement major construction projects.
Knowledge of contracts and specifications. Familiarity with project management tools, including MPS Prolog and Microsoft Project.
Planning, organization, communication and interpersonal skills.
Good basic computer skills.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
Please note: North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.
- Northwell Health Jobs