Honeywell Advanced Software Engineer in Mason, Ohio
Due to exciting growth, Intelligrated has a position available for an Advanced Software Engineer position at our corporate headquarters in Cincinnati, OH. Intelligrated offers a rewarding career path, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits. The Advanced Software Engineer position will work on the design of internal software for the support of applications and project engineering functions within Honeywell Intelligrated built on the AutoCAD platform.
Duties will include program UI design, concepting/development, testing of components, analyzing results. Documenting and tracking issues within our toolset. This position takes a holistic approach in understanding the tools desired, design and user functionality, while meeting internal and external customer expectations. The individual in this position may assume the role as a team member or a lead with the responsibility of understanding the internal/external requirements and delivering per those requirements.
Job duties include:
· Participating in the development and preparation of design specifications
· Works within the commercialization team to deliver product and toolsets based on project schedules
· Works with Project engineering team to include enhancements etc. to existing tools
· Understands the functions/operational concepts and interpret design specifications and time estimates for program development of material handling systems applications and customer specific modifications, reporting progress on all activities
· Design / Develop code to work within the AutoCAD environment to draw Honeywell Intelligrated equipment design schemes based on product specifications, and Project engineering requirements.
· Programming to interface with multiple programs including Oracle and SQL databases.
· Does self-testing of coded output to create a stable deliverable to customer.
· Works with the R&D team leadership or implementation team leadership to meet delivery deadlines as well as maintain/support of existing applications
· Works closely with Project Leaders to resolve any issues
· Follows testing life cycle procedures; including analyzing and testing software to ensure solutions meet standards and end user requirements
· Documents modifications and changes to program
· Maintains and improves quality results by following standards
· Recommends improved policies and procedures
· Understands customer business practices related to the software being developed in order to provide better technical solution options
· Proposes software configuration/modification to adapt to business change requirements
· Recognizes and proposes core software improvements
· Performs other related task and duties as required.
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Computer Science
· 5+ years of experience in C#
· Java Script
Preferred Skill Sets
· AutoCAD experience and fundamentals
· Material Handling knowledge
· MS windows
· Computer Knowledge a Plus.
· AutoCAD programming a Plus
· Team oriented
· Good communicator
· Ability to travel up to 10%.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs