Amazon Web Services Startup Account Manager, Italy, Startup Segment - Italy in Milan, Italy
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers a complete set of cloud services that enable all companies, from startups to enterprises, to run virtually everything in the cloud, including mobile applications, big data analytics, AI/ML platforms, and microservices/serverless infrastructures.
Startups, which are primarily born-in-the-cloud, represent a critically important and growing subset of customers to AWS.
Startups have unique needs, priorities, and growth trajectories that distinguish them from traditional businesses and require different engagement strategies and sales motions from sellers to effectively acquire, grow, and retain them long-term on the AWS platform.
As AWS continues to rapidly grow, we seek a Startup Account Manager to help drive the growth of high-potential startups in Italy.
Your responsibilities will include driving revenue and user adoption, migrations, and ensuring new startups select AWS as their primary cloud provider. You will align closely with counterparts in business development, marketing, solution architecture and partner teams to lead execution of coordinated go-to-market strategies and sales plays. You will also work closely with business development teams who are driving strategic support, global co-programming, and portfolio engagement to help drive top-of-funnel customer acquisition and accelerate seller cycles in the field.
You will be at the heart of latest trends like artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), serverless and IoT. Your customers leverage state-of-the-art technologies on AWS to innovate and become the next disrupters, like today’s AirBnB, Slack, DoorDash, and Lyft. You are passionate about startups, a self-starter with a strong entrepreneurial spirit who is prepared to work in a fast-paced, often ambiguous environment, execute against ambitious goals, and consistently embrace the Amazon Culture.
Roles & Responsibilities
· Ensure customer success with early, mid and late stage startups
· Drive revenue and market share in a defined territory or industry vertical
· Accelerate customer adoption through well-developed sales engagements and successful GTM Strategy
· Meet or exceed quarterly revenue and goal targets.
· Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan.
· Create & articulate compelling value propositions around AWS services.
· Accelerate customer adoption by engaging Founders, CxO, Board of Directors and VC influencers
· Work with partners to extend reach & drive adoption.
· Develop long-term strategic relationships with key accounts.
· Ensure customer satisfaction.
· Expect moderate travel.
· Passion for helping startups grow
· Entrepreneurial “builder” mentality
· 3-10 years of technology related sales or business development experience
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· BA/BS degree required
· Comfortable delivering results amid ambiguity and change
· MBA/MA/MS degree
· Previous Cloud expertise at a technology company
· A technical background, like in engineering or computer science
· Worked at/with tech startups in the past
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
“Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy/eu ) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.”
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
Amazon Web Services
- Amazon Web Services Jobs