U.S. Bank Software Engineering Manager in Minneapolis, Minnesota
At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineering Manager for our Digital Banking Platform (content management and mobile) with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. He/she will be responsible for development and support of the digital sales channels, both online and in the mobile app.
You will be responsible for architecting and implementing high performing mobile applications in Adobe Experience Manager, ReactJS, iOS and/or Android. We are super serious about application performance, complex and engaging UI and integrated experience across multiple applications. You'll work closely with the engineers on your team as well Product, Design, QA and other partner teams to deliver well-engineered experiences that delight our customers.
The overall team is a combination of employees, contractors, and off shore developers. This position will include application design, development oversight, and coordination with other groups within the bank to deliver the overall solution. You will own release schedules in our fast-paced environment, and work closely with software engineers, QA, product managers and field testers to get high-quality products and new features built, tested, and released on time. You will coordinate lots of fast-changing, moving parts and still get them to come together as a product. You'll need excellent communication skills to be the go-to person for all questions about release schedules, quality and progress updates.
• Manage technical projects or programs, working closely with product managers, engineers and technical staff to develop and track release milestones and schedules for the many moving parts that need to come together.
• Develop a plan and schedule with well-defined milestones.
• Manage communication of progress/status within the core team and external to the team; escalate issues as necessary.
• Assess the quality of releases through monitoring of incoming bugs and code changes to identify quality issues and trends.
• Develop tools and processes to improve software engineering productivity.
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Six to eight years of relevant technical experience
Five or more years of leading a software engineering team
• Experience managing development team
• Strong understanding on design principles, patterns and best practices
• Strong analytical skills and ability to review code.
• Proven experience in both small and medium size teams
• Proven ability to architect mobile application and adopt and improve existing architecture
• Strong collaboration skills with peers
• Good development background
• Coordinate multiple streams of work and plan releases
• Strong object oriented programming and design skills
• Excellent communication skills written and verbal
• Good proven track record of development sustainable governance processes
• Experience leading in agile development teams
• Web API and REST architecture
• Experience with Git, Scrum, Kanban
• Agile development experience
• Strong estimation and resource planning skills
• Ability to interact with Business line leaders and develop consensus and obtain buy in Banking experience
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting usbank.com/careers (https://www.usbank.com/careers/index.html) .
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law (https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf) poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program (https://www.usbank.com/careers/verification-of-eligibility-for-employment.html) .
Our 74,000 employees work across departments to help our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payment, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world turn their dreams into reality. Our employees are empowered to create change and drive our future, and we pride ourselves on diligently and ethically upholding U.S. Bank’s best-in-class financial record and legacy of more than 150 years in banking. Most importantly, we put people first, cultivating and treasuring meaningful relationships with the customers we serve, the colleagues we support and the communities where we live and work.
- U.S. Bank Jobs