Sutter Health Registered Nurse, Telemetry in Modesto, California
We are so glad you are interested in joining Sutter Health!
MMC-Memorial Medical Center
Accountable for the assessment, coordination delivery and evaluation of nursing care, including direct patient care, patient/family education and transitions of care in an acute patient setting. Delivers holistic and individualized care to all patients in an assigned area. Develops, implements, and coordinates a plan of care that incorporates psychological, sociocultural, spiritual, economic, and life-style factors. Fosters and maintains collaborative relationships between patients, their family/support group, physicians, and other healthcare providers through timely and effective communications. Adheres to hospital polices, industry standards, best practices, and applicable laws and regulations to promote an optimal patient experience.
Job Description :
These Principal Accountabilities, Requirements and Qualifications are not exhaustive, but are merely the most descriptive of the current job. Management reserves the right to revise the job description or require that other tasks be performed when the circumstances of the job change (for example, emergencies, staff changes, workload, or technical development).
ASSESSMENT AND PLANNING OF PATIENT CARE
• Conducts patient and family assessment encompassing physiological, spiritual and emotional areas.
• Collaborates and communicates with physicians and other members of the healthcare team to interpret, adjust, and coordinate daily patient care plan to ensure a plan of care that is patient centric with continuity of care.
• Partners with peers, management and other healthcare providers to effectively streamline patient workflow, improve patient outcomes, and provide the highest care quality
• Communicates patients’ plan of care to co-workers and on-coming/off-going shift and between departments.
PROVISION OF PATIENT CARE
• Provides competent, compassionate and cost effective patient care in accordance with unit, department, hospital policies, scientific principles, evidence-based nursing practice/process, nursing objectives and standards of care.
• Maintains a safe, comfortable and therapeutic environment for each patient and their families/support group in accordance with hospital regulations.
• Delegates tasks appropriately/effectively to team members based on legal scopes of practice, licensure, educational preparation, appropriate guidelines and individual capability.
• Communicates with and explains treatments/activities to patient and family in a clear, open- ended, collaborative manner showing care and concern, using teach back to ensure patient understanding of explanations, and integrating patient learning and educational needs.
• Maintains mindfulness in delivery of individualized care and in communication with patients and families, with a safety focus
• Performs job duties in compliance with established hospital policies and procedures, as well as local, state and federal regulations to provide the highest level of patient care.
• Upholds the confidentiality of all patient protected health information (PHI) and protects all PHI from accidental, intentional or inappropriate disclosure.
• Remains current in advancements, trends, and best practices related to acute care and area of specialty and in professional nursing practice.
EVALUATION OF PATIENT CARE
• Monitors patient care interventions, assesses therapies, evaluates outcomes, and intervenes as warranted.
• Conducts ongoing education for patients and their families to ensure optimal patient care from admission through transitions of care.
• Reassesses, evaluates and documents each patient’s response to the plan of care and adjusts the plan as needed.
• Reports any safety or compliance concerns via appropriate channels and participates in safety events to prevent future occurrences. Accurately documents and updates all treatment information in the patient’s electronic health record (EHR).
• Develops, implements, documents formal teaching and transition planning that includes the patient/family in care for identified health needs.
• Verifies and helps validate competency of newly hired and/or student staff to perform special tasks of nursing care as appropriate.
• Serves as a clinical resource and mentor to newly hired staff and helps orient them to the unit, as requested.
• May orient other nursing and patient care support staff, special tasks of nursing care.
Other: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
RN-Registered Nurse of California
BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
2 years nursing experience or successful completion of a Sutter Health Nursing Residency Program
DEPARTMENT REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Department: SPA/PACU, 2 years RN with at least six months of prior experience in PACU, ED, or ICU in a multiple specialty acute care facility within the last two years
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Demonstrated general knowledge and competence with regard to nursing theories, concepts and practices; medical terminology; anatomy; and physiology.
Working knowledge of the healthcare industry, safety precaution policies, best practices regarding patient care and privacy, and changes in local/state/federal regulations.
Possess written and verbal communications skills to explain sensitive information clearly and professionally to diverse audiences, including non-medical people.
Time management and organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize patient care, assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and practices to achieve objectives and meet time sensitive activities.
Basic knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word and Outlook).
Work independently as well as be part of the team, while accomplishing multiple interventions in an ever-changing environment.
Ability to communicate and engage team members, patients and families in a variety of stressful situations.
Use existing procedures and critical thinking to identify and solve routine or complex problems
Ensure the privacy of each patient’s protected health information (PHI).
Build collaborative relationships with peers and other healthcare providers to achieve departmental and corporate objectives.
Prioritize assignments and work within standardized policies, procedures, and scientific methods to achieve objectives and meet deadlines.
ACLS-Advanced Cardiac Life Support - American Heart Association, BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider - American Heart Association, BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider - American Heart Association, CWOCN-Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse - Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing, NRP-Neonatal Resuscitation Provider - American Academy of Pediatrics, PALS-Pediatric Advanced Life Support - American Heart Association, RN-Registered Nurse of California - California Department of Consumer Affairs, TNCC-Trauma Nursing Corp Course - Emergency Nurses Association
Days of the Week:
Number of Openings:
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, registered domestic partner status, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, ancestry, national origin (including possession of a driver's license issued to individuals who did not present proof of authorized presence in the U.S.), age, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military or protected veteran status, political affiliation, pregnancy or perceived pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical condition, genetic information or any other characteristic made unlawful by local, state, or federal law, ordinance or regulation. External hires must pass a background check/drug screening. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, state, and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Sutter Health Jobs