Ricoh Americas Corporation RIM Records Clerk in Mountain View, California
Under the supervision of the Ricoh Records Manager, Records Supervisor, or Site Manager, pursuant to the firm's records management procedures and guidance, oversees and coordinates daily tasks, workflow and special projects within the Records Management Department; including, but not limited to, creation, tracking, monitoring, labeling, delivery, closure and storage of active and/or inactive client or firm files. Interfaces with supervisors, co-workers, and other staff members for the purpose of exchanging information. Most contact is internal to the organization.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Tasks: *
- Perform basic records center operations in accordance with established RIM procedures.
- Respond to specific requests by searching, locating, retrieving, and delivering records or information through established procedures and delivery systems in a timely manner.
- Receive files for entry into Records Management System (RMS); review for accuracy and enters data.
- Sort, classify, and code material for filing and shelving.
- Prepare new files within file classification plan.
- Generate labels and bar coding as necessary to track files.
- Accurately performs filing and interfiling of loose items on timely basis.
- Perform assigned tasks that support the organization's legal hold process.
- Perform database queries and reports of activities as needed.
- Retrieve and arrange file delivery as requested.
- Access, compile, gather, and issue requested records and information.
- Receive and process records transferred to inactive storage in accordance with established schedules.
- Perform assigned tasks supporting the implementation of the organization's approved retention schedule.
- Scan records as directed, saving images in accordance with ESI policies and procedures.
- Communications with offsite storage vendors.
- Monitor Records Management email and voicemail boxes and responds appropriately to requests and inquiries.
- Provide exemplary customer service.
- Handle special projects such as destruction implementation as directed.
- Provide input to management based on current and projected workload. *
- Knowledge Of:
- Filing and data entry best practices.
- Personal computer skills.
- Familiarity with MS tools.
- Experience working in an office environment. *
- Skills Sets Required to Perform Successfully:
- Ability to take direction and perform tasks accordingly.
- Build effective and lasting working relationships.
- Collect metrics and communicate project status.
- Understand agreements with vendors and service providers; establish good working relationships with vendors and firm employees.
- Communicate appropriately verbally and in writing.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Team work and sense of urgency as required.
- Seek feedback from others and opportunities to learn new skills.
- Exercise good judgment by making sound and well-informed decisions.
- Ability to learn and become competent with firm's record systems which may include Legal Key, Elite, File Surf, Interwoven and/or Outlook.
- Manage physical boxes.
- Identify conflicting task instructions and notify management.
- Verify appropriateness of authorization.
- Provide customer service.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education, Experience, and Certifications)
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience in operating office equipment such as reprographics equipment, calculators, and reader/printers preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Good typing skills and basic computer skills with diligent attention to detail.
- Familiar with file room operations.
- Attention to detail very important.
- Ability to handle special projects assigned by records specialists/managers and supervisor.
- Professional appearance, adherence to dress code.
At Ricoh, we embrace and respect the collective and unique talents, experiences, and perspectives of all people. Together, we inspire remarkable innovation. That's how we live the Ricoh Way. And with our commitment to ethics, you can be sure that we're doing it with transparency, integrity and corporate social responsibility.
Ricoh is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer -- Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants, including those who may have arrest and conviction records
Ricoh Americas Corporation
- Ricoh Americas Corporation Jobs