Amazon Finance Trainee Program - Germany, Finance & Global Business Services in Munich, Germany
Are you a Finance enthusiast and keen to get to know Amazon’s Finance organization, and gain deep insight into the financial systems, processes, and controls used to record Amazon’s growing transaction volume? Would you like to innovate on behalf of our customers and are you excited by logical business thinking? Do you enjoy the freedom to implement and drive your own ideas while working in a diverse team that values ownership and bias for action?
We are looking for highly motivated, analytically-minded graduates ready to join our 24 months Finance Trainee Program in Munich (Germany).
As a Finance Trainee, a wide variety of challenging opportunities is waiting for you to provide you with a fast track into the Finance world at Amazon. Supported by senior leaders, experts, mentors as well as our program alumni, you will have the opportunity to develop your analytical and technical skills.
Graduate Program Overview:
• Start: September 2024
• Duration: 24 months in total, three rotations 8 months each
• Location: Munich (international experience for single rotations might be available)
• Cross-functional rotations (see rotation overview)
• International collaboration and projects
• Ownership and responsibility from Day 1: you will drive your business unit and projects to enhance process efficiencies in your department
• Mentoring and a variety of training opportunities: Foundational finance training and technical training courses, German language courses.
• Exceptional career opportunities after the program in a global network: You will own the decision about your next career step within the global Amazon network.
• Attractive Total Compensation incl. 28 days of vacation
• Hybrid working model
• Mobility subsidy: bike share, bike lease, public transport subsidy or “Deutschlandticket” (Germany Transportation ticket)
• Extra perks with the Amazon Discount Program, such as exclusive Amazon.de discount; gym membership discount; free mental health & support program for you and your family etc.
Key job responsibilities
Depending on your individual experiences, skill set and interests, you will rotate through 3 of the following core finance departments in Amazon:
• Commercial Finance: You will own the financial responsibility for a multi-million-dollar product line in one of our retail categories. You will learn about the retail P&L, core KPIs and main Retail Finance IT systems and work with different business teams improving our customer experience.
• Finance for logistic operations: "The rotation includes insight into FPA and being the finance business partner of Amazon Operations. You deliver robust analysis and insights, connecting data to operations to estimate future scenarios, influencing and shaping business decision making.
• Finance Operations: You will learn about working capital management (Accounts Receivable & Accounts Payable), business partnering with our vendor managers for specific categories, tools and systems and you will drive and implement large-scale process improvement projects.
• Accounting: You will gain deep insights in the financial reporting processes including month-end close, statutory reporting and external audits. You will get involved in the automation of manual processes and will acquire solid analytical skills of financial statements.
A day in the life
Finance and Global Business Services (https://amazon.jobs/en/business_categories/finance)
About the team
Amazon Affinity Groups (https://www.aboutamazon.com/affinity-groups)
We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:
Munich, BY, DEU
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Finance, Business, Economics, Engineering or Mathematics
• Graduated recently
• First practical experience in Finance (internship, working student)
• Excel skills (vlookup, index-match, pivot tables, etc.)
• Fluent English language skills, no German required.
• Master degree
• Outstanding analytical skills and problem solving
• SQL, PowerBI, VBA
Submitting your application takes less than 10 minutes and cover letters are not required. You will just need to attach your CV and answer a questionnaire.
EU Student Programs Teams
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
- Amazon Jobs