Marsh & McLennan Cos Marsh Client Advisor - Marine in New York, New York
Marine Client Advisor
- Acts as lead advisory colleague on medium sized, less complex books of business.
- Develops an understanding of the clients' business strategic priorities, risk strategies and risk management needs and provides advice accordingly to successfully serve clients.
- Utilizes risk expertise and knowledge of industry and insurance market place to review clients' exposures and loss experience and develop solutions for standard client needs.
- Executes renewal/placement strategies in conjunction with the Placement, Advisory Leader and Client Executive and executes in accordance with client instructions.
- Assists in presentations to prospective clients and develops/suggests innovative solutions to client and client team members to gain new clients and projects.
- Partners with Placement to receive, negotiate and evaluate quotes from carriers to deliver the best options to clients.
- Builds and maintains relationships with clients , and is the primary point of contact for day-to-day service needs.
- Maintains quality in all areas of client deliverables, including monitoring delivery and invoicing to ensure client is satisfied.
- Keeps abreast of changing market conditions and contributes to the firm's body of knowledge within product line through active internal communication.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- P&C License
- 4-7 years of experience in commercial property and casualty and/or maritime corporate roles
- Marine experience especially in hull and liability coverage a plus
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to travel 10% (some international travel required)