Huntington Ingalls Industries DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR 2 in Newport News, Virginia
DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR 2
External Job Description:
This position requires the accurate daily migration of data, as well as streamlining the data transfer process for Engineering Support transitioning into the SharePoint environment.
Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
Auto req ID:
Database Administrator 2
Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years of experience. Master’s Degree and 1 year of experience. 4 years of related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. 8 years of non-related exempt experience can be substituted for Bachelor’s degree. A relevant professional certification can be substituted for a Bachelor’s Degree.
NN SHIPBUILDING (0265)
Huntington Ingalls Industries is America’s largest military shipbuilding company and a provider of professional services to partners in government and industry. For more than a century, HII’s Newport News and Ingalls shipbuilding divisions in Virginia and Mississippi have built more ships in more ship classes than any other U.S. naval shipbuilder. HII’s Technical Solutions division provides a wide range of professional services through its Fleet Support, Mission Driven Innovative Solutions, Nuclear & Environmental, and Oil & Gas groups. Headquartered in Newport News, Virginia, HII employs more than 40,000 people operating both domestically and internationally.
No relocation assistance available
High School Diploma/GED
Newport News-Virginia-United States
US Citizenship Required for this Position:
Equal Opportunity Employer - Veterans/Disabled Welcome. U.S. citizenship required for most positions.
• Ability to gather information from various sources and interpret patterns and trends for the creation of useful reports and metrics.
• Good computer and data analyst technical skills required.
• Familiarity with computer software and tools including Matlab, Python, SQL, SAS, SAP, Cognos, Power BI preferred.
• Attention to detail required.
• Additional preferred programming knowledge and/or skills:
• Collaboration software and its relationship to data manipulation
• MS Office familiarity to include MS Access programming
• MS SharePoint and xml. familiarity
Huntington Ingalls Industries
- Huntington Ingalls Industries Jobs