Renesas Staff Software Developer in Ottawa, Ontario
Staff Software Developer
Company: Renesas Electronics Canada Ltd.
Business Unit: IoT and Infrastructure Business Unit
Office: CA, Ottawa (RECA)
Job Function: Software
Job Type: Permanent
Renesas is a global semiconductor company providing hardware and software solutions for a range of cutting-edge technologies including self-driving cars, robots, automated factory equipment, and smart home applications. We are a key supplier to the world’s leading manufacturers of the electronics you rely on every day; you may not see our products, but they are all around you.
Renesas is a global, multi-billion dollar, publicly-traded company headquartered in Japan, and has subsidiaries in 20 countries worldwide. Renesas is a dynamic, multi-cultural technology company where employees learn, mentor, innovate and thrive. Renesas is extending our share in fast-growing data economy-related markets such as infrastructure and data center, and strengthening our presence in the industrial/IOT and automotive segments. Our solutions drive products developed by major innovators around the world. Join us and build your future by being part of what’s next in electronics.
Primary role will be developing software for automated Silicon validation. Tasks include:
• Generating object models for the device, read/write registers, configuration and other functions.
• Test scripts for silicon and system bring up
• Automatic decoding of status registers identifying potential silicon issues
• Error injection scripts
• Test equipment automation
• MPU software development for high speed SPI master
• GUI development for internal and potential customer use
• Identifying silicon issues, and tracking bugs with silicon design team
The ideal candidate will have 8+ years of experience and knowledge of the following:
• Programing languages; python, C, WPF, C# .net
• Source control, e.g. git lab
• Continuous Integration
• Knowledge of digital hardware
• Silicon or hardware debug (nice to have)
• PCI express protocol (nice to have)
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
Renesas is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Renesas is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. #LI-ED1
This company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected veteran status.
- Renesas Jobs