Penn Medicine Director of Nursing - Neurology in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Director of Nursing - Neurology
Job ID :83475
Job Category: Nursing
Specialty Area: Management/Supervisory
Primary Shift: Day
Work Schedule: M-F
Penn Medicine Entity: Clinical Practices of the University of Pennsylvania
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Address: 3400 Spruce St
Education Required: Per Position Description
Experience Required: Per Position Description
Employment Type: Full-Time Regular
Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
Position Description :
Reporting to the department Chief Operating Officer, the Director of Nursing (DON) provides nursing leadership to the practice
sites of the Department of Neurology assuring that these practices maintain a customer focus and achieve financial viability by
meeting or exceeding budget and operational targets.
The Director of Nursing partners with the Chief Operating Officer (COO),
Director of Operations (DOO), Senior Practice Managers, Director of Finance (DOF) and Chair in creating a patient
focused organization designed to support delivery of the highest quality of care and attract and develop a team of highly
capable and committed nursing staff. The DON also partners in developing strategic operating and financial plans to accomplish
the department/ CPUP mission.
• Ensures nursing staff (APPs, RNs, LPNs, MAs) are working within scope licensure and at the highest level of their licensure
• Ensures all areas of accountability are compliant with federal, state, and local regulatory standards and requirements
• Oversees departmental Nursing Governance structure
• Collaborates with health system leadership to develop best practices and quality improvement initiatives
• Develops nursing protocols for call triage and patient care management
• Oversees onboarding and training of all new nursing staff, ongoing performance reviews and disciplinary actions
• Serves as a resource for recruitment, hire and termination of nursing and ancillary care personnel
• Serves as a resource in supervision of nursing staff and setting work schedules
• Provides ongoing continuing education and skill validation of nursing staff
• Participates in Epic oversight across the department and all projects related to Epic
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
Minimum Requirements :
Bachelor’s Nursing required; Master’s Nursing, Health Administration or related field preferred
5 years' nursing management experience essential.
Valid PA Nursing license.
X CLINICAL: Ability to analyze data, to synthesize and summarize information, and make judgments regarding patient care
X ANALYTICS: Knowledge of healthcare operations and data structures and the use of information system applications
in the practicing healthcare environment
X COMMUNICATION: Demonstrated interpersonal/verbal communication skills
X CLINICAL: Knowledge of Universal Precaution Procedures
X COMMUNICATION: Ability to work effectively with a range of business, clinical, and academic leaders
X REGULATORY: Demonstrates understanding of the structure of the federal government, including legislative and
X Treats people respectively
X Maintains confidentiality
X Adheres to established policies and procedures
X Meets deadlines and is response to requests
X Exemplifies in his/her actions principles of collegiality and collaboration at all times
Additional Information :
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Penn Medicine http://www.pennmedicine.org/careers/
Live Your Life's Work
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, marital status, familial status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, citizenship status, military status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
- Penn Medicine Jobs