Honeywell Robotics Engineer in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
The future is what you make it.
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings smart and safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why all of our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
The Honeywell Robotics team is seeking an experienced Robotics Engineer to support the design and development of novel robotic systems, computer vision algorithms, artificial intelligence applications and full-scale demonstration and test procedures to advance Honeywell’s mission global growth in technology sectors and customer engagement around the world.
As a Robotics Engineer at Honeywell you will join a team that applies expertise and knowledge to technical projects, finds innovative, cost-effective means to improve research, techniques, procedures, and products and technologies. You will develop, conduct and evaluate new approaches to meet project objectives faster and more efficiently and develop and commercialize products & technologies.
Research and Development
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelors and Masters Degree in Robotics, Electrical, Computer Science, Mechanical or related Engineering field
· 5-8 years experience in robotics research and technology development positions
· Proven development and utilization experience with Motoman/Yaskawa, ABB, Kuka or custom-designed robotic experience
· ROS/ROS2 experience in building robot applications and simulations
· Experience with full-scale robotic test procedure development and operational execution
· Ability to effectively collaborate across multidisciplinary robotics teams to deliver innovative technology products and project execution tasks
· Experience with robotic security and operational safety practices and the industrial standards to apply solutions for internal prototyping development and customer site execution projects.
· Individuals that exemplify positive team collaboration practices and apply experience to obtaining success in goal-oriented objectives
· Ability to communicate effectively in all methods to internal Honeywell teams and customer-facing project execution tasks
· Skill and ability to obtain data and drive critical decision-making processes to conclusion on factual metrics
· Ability to work independently yet synthesize collaborative methods and opportunities when required for problem solving or project solutioning
· Willingness to learn new technologies and disciplines to advance personal career and ultimately strengthen the Honeywell Robotics team foundational capability
· An open, honest and team-oriented personality
· Eagerness to get involved in hands-on work and interface with electrical, mechanical, robotics and software subsystems.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
- Honeywell Jobs