NextEra Energy Fiber Construction Leader in Plantation, Florida
Fiber Construction Leader
Date:Feb 22, 2021
Primary Location:Plantation, FL, US, 33317
Company:NextEra Energy Requisition ID: 51104
Our reliability is one of the best in the nation, and we’re working to make it even better. We live here too. That’s why we’re committed to making Florida a better place. Join our team today
Position Specific Description In this role, you will support initial project implementation for fiber construction throughout the tri-county area based in Broward county. This role will primarily be field-based with responsibility for project management and construction crew oversight.
- Knowledge of fiber restoration and field construction
- Knowledge with turn up and isolation of troubles on Nokia fiber optic equipment
- Contractor supervisor experience
- Five (5) years experience with fiber and telecommunications field experience
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite Job Overview
This role leads a team responsible for Transmission and Substation’s construction projects. Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensures projects are completed safely, within required schedule, budget, and in compliance
- Oversees implementation of technical, regulatory, environmental and corporate compliance
- Maintains day-to-day site coordination requirements to integrate transmission and substation construction projects
- Ensures contractor safety participation through attendance and review tailboards, field risk assessments and oversees observation reviews
- Ensures timely resolution and constructability of field compliance issues and actively supports continuous improvement
- Reviews all project bids and ensures all required project permits are in hand, prior to the commencement of the project
- Maintains thorough review and processes all project invoices
- Develops realistic action steps, timetables and resources estimates for projects
- Meets attendance and storm duty requirements and has the ability to work extended hours
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
- High School Grad / GED
- Experience: 7+ years
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Bachelor’s - Engineering
Employee Group: Exempt Employee Type: Full Time Job Category: Maintenance/Construction Organization: Florida Power & Light Company Location: Plantation, Florida Other Work Locations: Florida Relocation Provided: Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energydoes notaccept any unsolicited resumes or referrals fromany third-party recruiting firms or agencies. Please see ourfor more information.
- NextEra Energy Jobs