Whitefish Credit Union Teller I in Polson, Montana
Position Title: Teller I
Organizational Relationships: Report to Head Teller or Branch Manager
Supervisory Responsibilities: N/A
General Function: Serve as first contact for all Members seeking withdrawal, deposit and payment services. Troubleshoot minor Member problems and concerns, and oversee and balance cash drawer. Assist Management as needed. Report to Head Teller, Assistant Branch Manager, or Branch Manager.
• Create positive and proactive relationships with all Members.
• Smile at all Members and call all Members by name when possible.
• Serve the Member standing in front of you first; answer the phone second; work on side tasks/projects third.
• Balance currency, coin, and checks in cash drawers at ends of shifts, and calculate daily transactions using computers, calculators, or adding machines.
• Ability to follow check handling procedures in order to properly validate the negotiability of checks presented at the Teller window.
• Enter Members' transactions into computers in order to record transactions and issue computer-generated receipts.
• Verify Members identity before providing information or performing transactions; update Member information as needed, such as address and phone number changes.
• Talk to Members about, and answer questions about, loan balances, interest calculations and dividend rates.
• Have, and maintain, a general understanding of Whitefish Credit Union’s products, services and promotions.
• Count currency, coins, and checks received, by hand or using currency-counting machine, in order to prepare them for further processing.
• Identify and resolve transaction mistakes when debits and credits do not balance by following specified procedures
• Receive and verify correct mortgage and loan payments, verifying payment dates, payment amounts due, late fees and correct account and / or loan.
• Contact Members with questions regarding mail and night drop transactions.
• Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning Members' accounts.
• Allow Members access to Safety Deposit Boxes, following specified procedures.
• Assist Vault Teller by counting money from bank vault, to ensure cash balances stated by the Vault Teller are correct.
• Order a supply of cash to meet daily needs, in accordance with procedural amounts.
• Receive and count daily inventories of cash before entering drawer.
• Quote Canadian exchange rates, following daily international rate sheets.
• Work proactively with all other Tellers to ensure a “team effort” and prompt Member service.
• Work effectively with all other Whitefish Credit Union personnel to ensure that the Teller Department functions appropriately in relation to other departments.
• Support all other departments as needed (I.E., processing EFT wires, delivering loan paperwork to the proper department, etc.).
• Perform all tasks and projects as assigned by Head Teller and Branch Manager.
• Self-monitor to ensure timeliness and accuracy of work.
• Comply with all BSA requirements as stated in the Whitefish BSA Policy.
• Follow all Whitefish Credit Union Employee Handbook parameters.
• Follow all Whitefish Credit Union policies and procedures as well as Federal and State guidelines.
• Report to work on time and as scheduled.
• Protect Member and Whitefish Credit Union confidential information.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally with Supervisor, President / CEO, Members, Volunteers, Co-workers, and Senior Management Team.
• Strong mathematical skills.
• Ability to handle and process large monetary denominations.
• Strong Member service skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation.
• Ability to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time over the course of an 8-hour day.
• Ability and willingness to travel to and work in other offices.
Required Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• 6-12 months professional customer service experience preferred.
• 6-12 months professional banking or credit union experience preferred.
• Reliable transportation and valid driver license preferred.
This job description is to be considered a general outline of the duties and responsibilities of this position and is subject to changes and revisions by management at any time. Responsibilities are listed as guidelines only and the job is not necessarily limited to these specifications.