Thompson Hospitality Server - South Bar & Kitchen in Pompano Beach, Florida
Who We Are:
Thompson Hospitality is the nation’s largest minority-owned food and facilities management company. Our services include hospitality, full dining and quick service restaurants, campus dining, diversity consultation, facility operations and maintenance management. We are a family-run organization with more than twenty-five years providing services built on our core mission to provide a positive experience to every relationship we are involved in: one guest, one client, one team member at a time. As a fast growing company, we have a growth plan to more than double in size over the next three years. We are looking for team members who are interested in developing their careers to the next level while joining our team of over 4,000 employees, serving clients in over 40 states to include more than 1.9 million guests each year. Thompson Hospitality focuses on three core areas in everything we do:
Give back to our communities
Do the right thing
Treat people the way you want to be treated
Always do your best
Be accountable for our actions
Serve the highest quality food
Provide world-class service
Maintain flexibility to better serve our clients
Paid Time Off
401(k), matched up to 4%
Short and Long Term Disability
Employee Referral Program
Discounts: Hotels, Travel, Tickets
A server gives full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made. Take orders from patrons for food or beverages. Check with customers to ensure that they are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
· Serve food or beverages to patrons, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
· Write patrons' food orders on order slips, memorize orders, or enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
· Prepare hot, cold drinks for patrons.
· Explain how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
Business Growth and Marketing
· Encourage repeat business by providing quality meals and food items.
· Encourage repeat business.
· Must be able to speak clearly and understand basic English to facilitate the communication process.
· Ability to learn menu items and service procedures.
· Ability to take direction and to work in a team environment.
· Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
· Ability to learn and follow processes.
· This position will spend 100% of the time standing and walking
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Requisition ID: 2023-5427
External Company Name: Thompson Hospitality Corporation
External Company URL: www.thompsonhospitality.com/
Street: 165 NE 1st Avenue