Veritas Senior SQA Engineer in Pune, India
Veritas' vision is to enable organizations to thrive in this new world of digital business.an
Did you know that the International Data Corporation (IDC) predicts that data will double every 2 years, reaching 44 zetabytes by 2020? That's more bytes than gallons of water in the ocean and an exponentially growing problem for businesses. Veritas helps organizations harness the power of their data & turn it into actionable insights.
We believe information is everything! Data is an organization's digital currency; a critical business asset that is growing in value. We are the only company that provides a data management platform to address the core challenge of accessing, managing, and analyzing all of their data, no matter where it is, in real time - allowing organizations to truly maximize the value of their data.
Veritas is currently looking for motivated individuals who not only do but are also leaders who influence change and make a difference. The team is always looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who are self-motivated in their work and careers.
This position’s primary role is to perform hardware, software, and cloud storage and service certifications for the Veritas NetBackup product. Hardware devices include disk arrays with API interfaces, tape drives, tape libraries, virtual tape libraries, encryption solutions, and NDMP NAS appliances. Software certification types include database agents, application agents, API plug-ins, drivers, and third party software on multiple Operating System platforms as well as general NetBackup product testing. Cloud storage and service certification includes testing private and public cloud storage solutions using cloud API (ex. S3, Swift, and Azure) connectors
What you will be doing:
- Storage solutions and devices include private and public cloud storage, disk arrays with API interfaces, tape drives, tape libraries, virtual tape libraries, encryption solutions, and NDMP NAS appliances
- Maintain the certification lab environment including servers and storage devices located in Veritas Labs, updating firmware and code levels as needed, and maintaining interconnect infrastructure such as network ports and SAN zoning
- Work with Development Engineering as needed to gain feature knowledge, write and implement test checklists, test instrumentation, and test automation using various languages such as PERL, Python, shell scripting, and C/C++
What skills, experience and education you need as a team member to succeed:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering
- 3+ years storage device related Software Development or Software Quality Assurance or Hardware Certification experience
- Experience with C, C++, shell scripting, Perl, and Python
- Experience with test automation development
- Experience with server configuration, Windows and Unix internals, device drivers, and interconnect configuration in Data Center scale storage environments
- Familiarity with SCSI, Ethernet, Fibre Channel, NDMP protocols and related peripheral devices
- Excellent oral and written communication, including concise, meaningful, proactive communication of ideas, concepts, issues, and status
- Handle testing responsibilities and troubleshoot increasingly complex issues
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, including managing testing activities for self and others in a time-effective manner
- Work and collaborate effectively with team members within and across departments
- Ability to actively participate with the team, engage with and listen to team members, explore multiple perspectives, encourage team consensus, and respect points of view
- Preferred - Familiarity with backup and disaster recovery applications
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .
- Veritas Jobs