MasterCard Lead Systems Platform Engineer-2 in Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Systems Platform Engineer-2
As a Virtualisation & Compute systems platform engineer you would be focused on build, implementation and support of Mastercard ONE (RTP & Applications) Virtualisation & Compute platforms (UNIX, Linux, Redhat, OEL, Solaris, AIX, VMware).
The role requires a focus on service to ensure that all SLA’s and availability targets are met.
The role also requires thought leadership and an ability to drive IT initiatives that continually improve our efficiency, agility, performance, availability and operational excellence.
• Coordinates the building and maintaining of system and platform technologies and environments, including associated software products
• Performs lifecycle management for supported hardware platforms, including technical refresh planning and capacity upgrades
• Participates in the planning and implementation of system/platform updates to optimize performance, efficiency, and capacity
• Performs holistic platform security posture which includes identifying risks, escalating potential concerns, and implementing both risk mitigation plans and control functions
• Completes status reports, troubleshooting guides, and project plans to provide in-depth technical assistance to development programmers and customers
• Resolves chronic complex problems, providing managerial operational support to maintain systems and platforms
• May perform financial planning, forecasting, and budget tracking to reduce total cost of ownership and allocate resources efficiently
• Assist 3rd line support in the analysis of root causes of all major issues, planning redesigns where appropriate.
• Work in partnership with 3rd party suppliers, understanding and implementing industry best practice across our technology stack.
• Experience leading a major work stream or multiple smaller work streams for a large platform system domain initiative, often providing technical guidance and advice to ensure consistent deployment of solutions
• Implement UNIX/Linux/Platform installs and upgrades
• Implement UNIX/Linux/Platform 3rd Party Software installs and upgrades.
• Document and manage change to existing hardware/software platforms.
• Experience setting priorities, objectives, and driving deliverables within global technology domains and sub-domains
• Experience engaging with the broader technical community to anticipate developments in innovation, often evaluating new solutions and recommending future business platform system requirements
• Experience performing process improvements and automation activities for operational and financial value, applying tools and technologies
• Successfully served as a go-to-person to resolve and prevent platform system infrastructure issues, deriving impactful solutions
Technical and Professional Skills:-
• RedHat and/or OEL - Advanced
• Solaris 10 & 11- Advanced
• Solaris Zones & LDOM’s – Intermediate
• AIX - Basic
• Patching & Live upgrades – Advanced
• Volume Managers, ZFS, VXFM - Advanced
• Clustering experience - Intermdiate
• Virtual Machine Management. – Advanced
• VMWare – Intermediate
• Exposure to public Cloud Services (Azure & AWS) – Advanced
• Exposure to private Cloud services (Azure Stack) – Intermediate
• HCI experience (VxRail, Stack or Nutanix) - Advanced
• Converged experience (exadata, supercluster or vblock) – Intermediate
• Chassis / Blade based server technology – Advanced
• X86 hardware – Advanced
• Networking skills TCP/IP, DNS, SSH, DNS, LDAP – Advanced
• Automation and exposure to scripting (Python, Bash) - Advanced
• Jumpstart - Intermediate
• Satellite - Intermediate
• Splunk – Basic
• Qualys – Basic
• Broad experience across Service Management disciplines.
• Storage technologies (DellEMC, HP) – Basic
• Backup technologies – Basic
• Atlassian experience – Jira, Confluence – Intermediate
• Agile methodology awareness (Scrum/Kanban) – Intermediate
• Terraform & Ansible – Advanced
• DevOps Tooling (Jenkins, Ansible, Git, Azure DevOps, Terraform) - Intermediate
• Infrastructure As Code experience - Advanced
• Infrastructure & Network awareness – Advanced
• At least one shell scripting language (Bash, Bourne, Perl, Python, C-Shell)
• HSM experience - Intermediate
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-175114