LifePoint Health Registered Nurse (RN), ICU- Nights in Rutherfordton, North Carolina
The responsibility of theRegistered Nursein the ICU is to render care to patients who are critically ill, injured or have undergone invasive/complex surgery and require a higher level of care which may include frequent monitoring of vital signs, cardiac status and changes in patient conditions; the use of life supporting systems and/or specialized medications specific to ICU. They collaborate with medical staff and other disciplines to provide quality care while performing in accordance with approved policies and within scope of practice. They supervise and delegate duties to other personnel as indicated.
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- Arrhythmia recognition
- Participation in Code Blue situations and/or leading the event until physician arrives.
- Knowledge various drips.
- Ventilator management.
- External/temporary pacemakers
- Swan Ganz catheters/Arterail lines/ CVP monitoring
- Moderate sedation
- Bedside Monitoring/Telemetry systems
- Uses critical thinking skill in performance of all job duties
- Analysis of test results
- Associate’s Degree in Nursing required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to respond to and perform in emergent situations.
- Excellent assessment skills.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) within in 3 months of hire
- Handle with Care within 4 months of hire.
- License: Current RN license to practice in NC (NC licensure or multi-state (compact) license).
Minimum Work Experience:
- 1-3 years preferred, recent acute care experience within past 3 years preferred.
Benefits - Wide range of benefits options!
Here at Rutherford Regional, you choose your own Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from a variety of competitive options that give you the coverage that best fits your needs.
- 401(K) retirement plan contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Assistance with OptumRx
- Income protection programs for the entire family such as life insurance, Short/Long-term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- Employee Assistance program at no cost to you to provide emotional, legal, financial, and daily life support for your entire household. Services are available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week.
- Free travel and entertainment discount program to ensure you enjoy your time away from work.
Rutherford Regional Health System is a 143-bed acute care facility that offers a broad array of inpatient and outpatient care. Rutherford Regional is dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to meet their healthcare needs. We provide our services in a caring, professional environment through the teamwork of our medical staff and employees.
Rutherford Regional Health System’s partnership with Duke LifePoint Healthcare is bringing the pieces together to transform healthcare in Rutherford County. Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke University Health System, one of the country’s leading academic health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company dedicated to Making Communities Healthier. These two forces joined because of the shared interest in collaborating with hospitals, healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke’s unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience operating community hospitals and healthcare organizations.
Why join our team?
We are dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to meet their healthcare needs, and we believe our employees are our most valuable assets in accomplishing this goal. Rutherford Regional is growing its team of dedicated health care professionals. If you are looking to start a career that cares, are passionate about changing lives, and ready to work in a supportive environment in a close-knit community, apply today!
Title: Registered Nurse (RN), ICU- Nights
Requisition ID: 7462-8507