Charles River Laboratories Receptionist in Saffron Walden, United Kingdom
Req ID: 135512
Saffron Walden, GB, CB10 1XL
For 70 years, Charles River employees have worked together to assist in the discovery, development and safe manufacture of new drug therapies. When you join our family, you will have a significant impact on the health and well-being of people across the globe. Whether your background is in life sciences, finance, IT, sales or another area, your skills will play an important role in the work we perform. In return, we’ll help you build a career that you can feel passionate about.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Receptionist to be based full time at our Chesterford Research Park, Saffron Walden site.
The main purpose of the role will be to provide an efficient and welcoming first point of contact for all callers and visitors to the office and to provide administrative assistance as required. You'll also work closely with the wider administration team as well as building working relationships with our Directors, Managers and Lab Scientists as needed to support on any tasks as required.
• Meeting and greeting visitors in a professional manner, providing them with safety information and issuing visitor/contractor badges and site access passes as appropriate
• Answering calls to the switchboard in a clear and professional manner; forwarding calls as appropriate, taking accurate messages and filtering calls as necessary
• Regularly updating internal telephone numbers on switchboard and internal telephone directory.
• Taking staff photos for access cards
• Escorting clients to meeting rooms if necessary
• Franking, sending, receiving and distributing post
• Central point of contact for general enquiries and ad hoc requests
• Managing the booking and set up of meeting rooms, including the use of absent managers’ offices
• Booking and setting up meeting rooms with refreshments and lunches as required
• Monitoring and replenishing stock for office refreshment supplies
• Completing Site Visit Checklist
• Ensuring appropriate resources (e.g. AV equipment, written materials) are available for meetings
• Maintaining central driving for work and vehicle registration document records
• Consolidating petty cash returns as required by Finance
• Ensuring visitor books are taken off site in the event of an evacuation
• Generating and distributing ad-hoc information
• Carrying out weekly test of First Aider phones
• Generating and maintaining CRP Visitor Guide
• Ensuring weekly Whereabouts calendar is up to date
• Undertaking additional ad hoc administrative tasks which may be performed at the Reception desk
• GCSEs in English and Maths as a minimum
• Previous experience working as a Receptionist or in a similar people facing role.
• Proven ability in using Microsoft Office: Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook
• Ability to multi-task with strong time management and organisational skills
• Strong attention to detail with excellent telephone manner and communication skills, both verbal and written
• Friendly and approachable manner, able to remain calm and confident with ability to use their initiative
Discovery from Charles River is industry-proven in the successful development of novel therapies, with over 350 patents and 80 preclinical drug candidates delivered to our sponsors in the past 17 years. Backed by more than 650 scientists, our comprehensive, integrated portfolio employs the latest technology and platforms to provide chemistry, biology, and pharmacology services that support clients from the earliest stages of hit identification all the way through to IND. Our client-focused, collaborative approach creates true partnerships that anticipate challenges, overcome obstacles, and move us forward together on the journey of getting new drugs to market.
About Charles River
Charles River is an early-stage contract research organization (CRO). We have built upon our foundation of laboratory animal medicine and science to develop a diverse portfolio of discovery and safety assessment services, both Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and non-GLP, to support clients from target identification through preclinical development. Charles River also provides a suite of products and services to support our clients’ clinical laboratory testing needs and manufacturing activities. Utilizing this broad portfolio of products and services enables our clients to create a more flexible drug development model, which reduces their costs, enhances their productivity and effectiveness to increase speed to market.
With over 17,000 employees within 90 facilities in 20 countries around the globe, we are strategically positioned to coordinate worldwide resources and apply multidisciplinary perspectives in resolving our client’s unique challenges. Our client base includes global pharmaceutical companies, biotechnology companies, government agencies and hospitals and academic institutions around the world. And in 2019, revenue increased to $2.62 billion.
At Charles River, we are passionate about our role in improving the quality of people’s lives. Our mission, our excellent science and our strong sense of purpose guide us in all that we do, and we approach each day with the knowledge that our work helps to improve the health and well-being of many across the globe. We have proudly supported the development of 85% of the drugs approved by the FDA in 2019.
Charles River Laboratories
- Charles River Laboratories Jobs