Robert Half International Help Desk Tier 1 Technician in Savannah, Georgia
Robert Half Technology is actively seeking a part-time Help Desk Technician for a 6-month contract in Savannah, GA. This position will sit on-site.
For serious consideration, please call Charles at (904) 997-9960.
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
The Level 1 Desktop Support Technician is responsible for handling first level support of service requests. This relates to all technology, to include: workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• IT Support relating to technical issues involving core business applications and operating systems
• End User Device advanced troubleshooting, resolution and research capabilities (Workstation, Laptop, mobile devices)
• Basic technical support at the server level: Physical, Virtual and Hyper Visor (Windows and Linux)
• Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security
• System documentation maintenance and review in UDT’s Professional Service Automation (PSA) tool or customers
• Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes or agreed outages
• Provides support to end users on a variety of issues
• Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems
• Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support
• Documents, tracks, and monitors the problem to ensure a timely resolution
• Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures
• Interface with customer’s executives and technical representatives, UDT partners, and all levels of UDT employees.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction
• Fast turnaround of customer requests
• Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
• Escalate service requests that require engineer level support
• Enter all work as service tickets into UDT’s Professional Service Automation (PSA) tool and/or customers
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
• Five years of hands on experience in a fast paced and dynamic technical support environment.
• Advanced understanding of operating systems, business applications, printing systems, and network systems
• Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening and customer-care
• Diagnosis skills of technical issues
• Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
• Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
• Service awareness of all organization’s key IT services for which support is being provided
Robert Half Technology matches IT professionals with some of the best companies on a temporary, project or full-time basis. From roles in software and applications to IT infrastructure and operations, we provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. Our personalized approach, innovative matching technology and global network with local market expertise help you find the technology jobs that match your skills and priorities — fast. By working with us, you have access to challenging opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits, and training to enhance your skill sets.
From philanthropy to environmental stewardship to employee programs, Robert Half is proud to have an active role in the communities in which we live and work. Our company has appeared on FORTUNE’s “Most Admired Companies” list every year since 1998.
Download our mobile app to take your job search on the go!
Contact your local Robert Half Technology office at 888.490.4429 or visit www.roberthalf.com/jobs/technology to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2020 Robert Half Technology. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
Location: Savannah, GA
Date Posted: September 15, 2020
Employment Type: Temporary
Job Reference: 01120-9502687769
Staffing Area: Technology u0026 IT
Robert Half International
- Robert Half International Jobs