Highlands County Board of County Commissioners Equipment Operator III - Transport - 01132022 in Sebring, Florida
Road & Bridge
Pay Grade/Salary Range:
106 - $27,549.95 - $42,702.43 ($13.24 - $20.53 hourly)
Posting Expires: Until Filled
A skilled position responsible for the operation of a tractor trailer semi transport. Position also includes the performance of manual laboring tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
T he following statements describe the principal functions of the job and its scope of responsibility but should not be considered an all-inclusive list of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned.
Primarily operates transport semi to move equipment
• Operates the following equipment: 1) Dozer 2) 4-yard Front-End Loader 3) Motor Grader 4) Excavator 5) Earth Moving Pan 6) Compactor 7) Paver and 8) other large and complex equipment for the purpose of transporting.
• Performs routine manual labor tasks when required.
• Washes, cleans and provides first echelon maintenance for all equipment operated.
• Assist fellow workers as required to maintain equipment and finish work projects.
• Responds productively to change and performs all other related tasks as required and as directed. These tasks include, but are not limited to, asphalt paving, drainage installation and maintenance of traffic functions.
Operates a Field Equipment Service Truck.
Operates a Fuel Truck.
Performs general clean-up duties in the shop.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the operation of medium and heavy public works equipment.• Knowledge of the traffic and highway safety rules and regulations governing the operations of equipment.• Knowledge of the hazards involved in the use of heavy equipment and of safety precautions to be taken.• Skill in the operation of heavy construction equipment.• Ability to understand and communicate oral and written instructions.• Skill in the use of tools, machines and testing instruments of the trade.• Knowledge of the operating and repair characteristics of a wide variety of public works equipment.• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, managers, directors, Elected Officials, vendors, and the general public.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: The individual in this position must be able to remain in a stationary position for 10% of the time. Frequently operates various types of equipment to include, but not limited to hand and power tools. Frequently ascends/descends stairs, ladders and scaffolding. The person in this position frequently communicates with the public, vendors and co-workers. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations. Frequently moves materials and office equipment weighing up to 40 lbs. Frequently works in outdoor weather conditions. May be required to work in inclement outdoor weather conditions for up to (4) four hours. Frequently operates motor vehicle or heavy equipment for up to (4) hours; of which (4) hours may be continuous. Must be able to frequently position self to work under or around various items to perform maintenance tasks. Constantly inspects and assesses equipment, buildings and materials to complete daily tasks. Individual in this position must be able to use both near and far vision. Must be able to walk over uneven or soft surfaces. Continuous exposure to moderately high noise levels. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma preferred. Three years of experience in the operation and routine maintenance of public works equipment. LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess and maintain a valid Florida Commercial Driving License, Class A (No Restrictions) at time of employment. H (Hazmat) Endorsement and N (Tanker) Endorsement required. X (HM+Tanker) acceptable. OTHER JOB-RELATED REQUIREMENTS:Disaster Essential.
THE HIGHLANDS COUNTY BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS
Does not Discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, religious belief, color, national origin, disability/handicap, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, genetics or any other legally protected group/class. We are proud to be a drug free workplace. Screening tests for illegal drug use may be required as a condition of employment
Powered by JazzHR