Actalent Associate Scientist - Project Manager in South Plainfield, New Jersey
Our client is a leading precision medicine company that partners up with biopharma and healthcare providers, and they provide diagnostic genetic testing to develop safe and effective medications and dosing that are tailored to patients based off their genetic makeup. In doing so, they are limiting adverse drug reactions, which happens to be estimated as the fourth leading cause of death, surpassing lung disease, diabetes, pneumonia, and accidents. They are looking for an Associate Scientist who is looking for project management roles and has industry experience with Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) to join their team!
• Coordinate projects to completion from procurement to invoicing
• Closely troubleshoot with customers on unexpected issues that may occur
• Restructure resources and improve functions of current operations
• Perform basic data analysis and delivery to customers
• Work alongside other department heads to reach common goal
• Represent department in meetings for potential long-term company collaboration/partnerships
• Offer relevant scientific information for project design and act as direct consultant for customers in making informed decisions during project progress.
• Continue to improve standard workflows with proper tools for project management.
• Comply with all CLIA/CAP regulations
Skills & Qualifications:
• B.S in Biological Sciences required with 1-3 years of experience
• M.S. in Biological Sciences preferred
• Highly proficient in Molecular Biology principles and technologies including PCR and basic sequence analysis required
• Hands-on experience with Next Generation Sequencing platforms required
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
• Health (Medical, Vision, Dental)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
- Actalent Jobs