Aston Carter Senior Financial Analyst in Spokane Valley, Washington
This is a 6 month contract
This position is responsible for various aspects of the monthly financial closing process, analysis, and internal reporting of financial result for the business units in the respective location. Through reconciliation and analysis of monthly financial data, this position will be responsible for accurate reporting of the SBU’s financial performance in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. To be able to prepare, understand and communicate detailed financial projections. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the budgeting, forecasting, variance reporting and analysis for the company's Systems Line of Business and effectively communicating results to enhance and enable decision making, as a key strategic partner to the team. The work also entails data analysis, data maintenance and ad hoc tasks that support the team to carry out its deliverables. This work requires a considerable degree of independent judgement and action.
· Partner with LOB Commercial leadership teams
· Participate in the monthly, quarterly and annual planning and forecasting activities while utilizing/ Develop existing/new models to budget P&L and Capital items, Balance Sheet at a detailed level
· Build and maintain various cuts of a P&L focusing primarily on product family profitability, and cost of sales components
· Review and perform deeper analysis, where necessary, on a monthly and quarterly basis regarding financial results
· Prepare, from multiple sources, a monthly management report that informs management of activity within the business and impacts on market/ product family contribution margin
· Perform Price, Volume and Mix Variance analysis to understand and communicate margin impacts of such
· Creates and distributes the month financial reporting for both the Commercial and Operational Org:
· ensure timely and accurate delivery of business units’ variance analysis against budgets and forecasts
· review the month’s financial performance compared to budget with the business unit leads at a product family SKU level, providing financial guidance and/or interpretation of the department’s financial performance
· support the business units in their forecast for the balance of the year as well as looking to continuously improve on departmental forecast submissions
· Identify and communicate financial/operational trends that represent a significant impact to the business and possible and “what if” scenarios
· Where required submit financial reports to Corporate team, identifying and providing commentary on key drivers
· Identify opportunities or areas of financial underperformance, conduct an in depth analysis and make appropriate recommendations
· Work and collaborate cross functionally with Finance, Business Partners and the Corporate Team
· Develop a KPI dashboard; investigate results, and recommend actions to management to improve operational performance
· Work closely with the finance & accounting team members to assist in the preparation of monthly financial reports to ensure accuracy in financial performance reporting
· Prepare ad hoc analysis as required
Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics.
· 5-10+ years of experience in an analytical business role and/or Strategic Finance equivalent functions
· Experience as Commercial FP&A Business Partner in a complex business
· Advanced Excel skills;
· Advanced skills in financial planning and analysis and modelling
· Advanced skills with spreadsheets, data management, analysis and modelling, and ability to present findings effectively to different audiences
· Proven organizational and analytical skills;
· An understanding of financial statements;
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email email@example.com (%firstname.lastname@example.org) for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
- Aston Carter Jobs