Northwell Health Sr Sonographer - Reg (SY) in Syosset, New York
Req Number 56078
Performs a variety of technical procedures in the application of non-ionzing, high frequency ultrasonic waves for diagnosis of disease. Performs procedures in echocardiography, general and vascular ultrasound.
- Coordinates staffing schedule;
Schedules and arranges on-call coverage.
Schedules procedures according to department protocols.
- Leads and guides fellows and technicians engaged in acquiring echocardiographic images, calculations, etc.
- Prepares patient for examination.
Positions patient on examination table for optimum testing procedure and conditions.
Explains procedures in layman's terms to relieve patient of pre-testing anxiety.
Sets-up equipment to administer the ordered procedure.
- Obtains pertinent radiological and diagnostic exam reports for the physician necessary for correlation with the ultrasound scan being performed.
Communicates with referring radiologist regarding patient's previous history and the appropriate ultrasonic procedure required.
Correlates clinical history to ascertain the appropriate procedure is performed.
Sends and maintains images in PACS.
- Assists with quality control and performance improvement activities.
Assists Director with review of cardiac studies.
Provides training to fellows, technicians, students and new hires in proper technique and quality standards.
Reviews and documents corrective action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains equipment in efficient operating condition; makes minor adjustments, cleans equipment and reports malfunctioning equipment in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists with tracking the American College of Radiology and the Intersocietal Accreditation Commission in Echocardiography accreditations
Performs related duties, as required.
*ADA Essential Functions
Graduate from an accredited medical sonography program, required.
Minimum of two (2) registered sonography certifications, required:\
Minimum of one (1) of the following cardiac registered sonography certifications, required:
Registered Diagnostic Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) from American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS).
Registered Cardiac Sonographer (RCS) from Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI).
Registered Congenital Cardiac Sonographer (RCCS) from CCI.
Minimum of one (1) of the following specialty registered sonography certifications, required:
Registered Diagnostic Medical Sonographer (RDMS) Abdomen (AB) or Obstetrics (OB/GYN) from ARDMS.
Registered Vascular Technologist (RVT) from ARDMS.
Registered Technologist (RT) Sonography (S) or Vascular Sonography (VS) from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
Demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, physiology, physics or diagnostic ultrasound and familiarity with pertinent medical/surgical disease.
- Northwell Health Jobs